Beer (again)

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
It might be fun for those of us who like sampling beers to meet at a bridge deep in the pines to catch the warm summer eve, like on June 20th, at about 7:00 PM. We can swap ice cold beers, drink a couple, shoot the bull, and leave for home with something new for the fridge.

I'm in. Sounds like a good time.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Any particular bridge(s) you thinking of Bob? It would only be natural for a few grills to find their way out of trunks and/or truck beds have a nice dog or two.

Here's the deal. As it gets closer to that date, I'll choose the bridge, then provide a couple clues. If no one gets it they can PM me and I'll reveal it.

After all, we don't want the authorities to know. And the food is a good idea. We want sober people driving home.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Well Gabe I couldn't quite pull the trigger on $8.99 for a bottle of beer which was not quite the equivalent of two 12 oz. beers tonight.
I had a little sticker shock for once.
I settled for a sixer of Lagunitas New Dog Town.
Tough times are coming up right now with my older son starting the BC police academy on Monday. He had to quit his job this week.
Me and mommy are paying the full freight including his tuition and his truck payment and his gas money and his food and his truck insurance, and his equipment costs and his ....did I miss anything?
Did I mention that we are also carrying my younger son whose living away at college?
I need a beer.
:)

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Weyerbacher this evening ladies and genemens.
Old Heathen Imperial Stout and their Blithering Idiot.
Blithering Idiot is what you will become after two.
It's right up there with my ultimate brew, Stoudts Double IPA.
The Imperial Stout is good and very close to a Guinness with a slight fruityness.
Bought one bottle of each of the above at the Berlin Canal's mix and match and bought a sixer of Dead Guy as reinforcements.

For those that may be interested, this weekend is the AC Beer festival.
I might go Sunday. Definite maybe. Some awsesome brewers at this one.

http://www.acbeerfest.com/brewers.asp

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
The color of this tasty brew reminds me of certain sections of the wonderful East Branch of the Wading River. This brewmaster is gaining quite a bit of favor with me. Three out of three suit my taste. Sure, it does not have a fancy yuppie name like Dog head (or fish head or whatever), but it is well established and reliably good.

TULLONEM.JPG

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Here you go Scott. Proof that I don't always drink from screw caps. This one is really delicious with a kick that promises a long deep sleep. Maybe some alka-seltzer in the AM.

HERO.JPG