Belcoville

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I went out to explore Belcoville and Estell Manor the other day. I haven't really been able to find a lot of concrete (no pun intended) evidence of what buildings are left at Belcoville. I went down the park road that brings you to the boat launch area and saw the big concrete fire suppression towers and the ruins behind it, but is there more to see down the various trails nearby?

The Cathedral. by benruset, on Flickr

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Ah, how quickly we forget.... take a look at our "conversation" from Feb 25, 2012. PM or e-mail me if you need more info. :)

In light of the recent thread(s) with a certain new site member, I will not post any info about or photos of the belco ruins in the public forums. They are quite extensive and very well hidden. This is why they are so pristine. It's almost like walking through some kind of time portal. Let's keep them that way,

Reactions: Gibby and Ben Ruset
I found this back along the boardwalk trail, but i dont know what exactly for what it was used.

Attachments

• P1010242.jpg
    P1010242.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 324

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Next time you're there, visit the nature center by the main entrance to the park. The original site plan is in a frame on the wall just to your right when you go in the door. I believe what you saw was the old sewage disposal plant. Here's a section of the plans that shows it - notice how it actually has a circle drawn around it. The road at the bottom of this image (where the fire dept quarters are noted) is the current location of Rt 50.

belco.jpg