Bigfoot sighting...i swear it wasn't me

Status
Not open for further replies.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Al to answer your question on type changing, I'll bet you are hitting the Control Key and then the I key when you really meant to hit the Shift and the I key. CTRL then I changes to italics.
I read One Mans Wilderness and saw the film several times. It is very interesting and his wood skills and all the other skills he puts to use building his cabin are really amazing. He also had very busy, long and often brutally cold days, making for a rough and lonely life. Watch the film when it is on again, you will enjoy.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
This thread peaked my curiosity. I had never read the first book, 'One man's Wilderness', only watched the 2 PBS shows, so I got a copy from the local library.

The last time PBS ran the films it was for a donation night. That really ruined the show :(

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I enjoy his descriptions of what he is experiencing. They are simple and clear, with very little embellishment. One can envision exactly what Proennecke was seeing as he was writing in his diary. Don't expect Thoreau.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203752604576640963633300254.html

Dismissed as myth by scientists, Yetis are mainly the province of enthusiasts, and in Russia they've gotten an unexpected boost from the government. Siberian officials this month sponsored nature lovers, scientists and foreigners who claim they have socialized with Bigfoots to attend an International Scientific-Practical Conference on Hominology.

In a remote area of Siberia, local stories and native rituals speak of a "Snow Person," a Russian yeti that has reportedly left footprints in a local cave. WSJ's Alan Cullison reports from Tashtagol.

Hominology, a still-unrecognized branch of biology that studies hairy upright walking creatures, is championed by a handful of Russian devotees who hope to spark a revolution in evolutionary theory by contacting one of the many tribes of Bigfoots they say are living undetected in woods around the world, including in North America and Russia.

With government help, that day may be drawing near. Siberian officials issued a press release saying the three-day event this month turned up "irrefutable evidence" that such a creature—known to locals as a Snow Person—has been squatting in a Kemerovo cave 2,000 miles east of Moscow

Status
Not open for further replies.