Bobcat in cactus

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
OUCH!! Not in the pines, but a rare site;

GOLD CANYON, Ariz. - The images are incredible. A bobcat that has scampered
to the top of a saguaro cactus -- and it was quite a climb!

The photos were captured in Gold Canyon, at the foot of the Superstition
Mountains.

The bobcat was trying to get away from a mountain lion that was stalking it,
explains the photographer Curt Fonger. He darted up a 40-foot saguaro,
and there he stayed for the remainder of the day.
cat1.jpg
cat2.jpg

Anyone seen a Bobcat in the pines?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
know where there is a Bobcat tree where the bark has been scratched off all the way around the tree to a height of four feet and may have seen a cat once back in the 80's but it was so quick I could not say for sure if it was a Bob or a really big camo house cat.It gave a vicious snarl and was gone in a flash.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Al it was right by the fries mill foundation along the manumuskin. It was up by the one chimney that is on the left side of the trail if you walking away from the rr tracks. I only saw his but and he ran off as I ran after him. I remember the tail pretty distinctly, I was fairly confident it was a bobcat. I also had a good amount of tracks around the big sand wash hole just on the other side of those foundations.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Those two chimneys you speak of is where Potters cabin stood into the 90's.It was actually the old fries Mill tavern and when I was a kid in the 70's there was an old piano still in it.I used to have two Reader Digests from the mid 40's I took from the deeep part of the cellar hole that was an attached shed then.Can no longer find them but they were in mint condition.The walls were partially papered with Reader Digest pages.I love that area,the cat couldn't have picked a better place to hang out.Some nice persimmon trees there,it's about time to go hit em up:)

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Al, after reading about bobcats it seemed to me that the area was ideal. I had a trail camera out for a while and got otters and coyotes on it, never got the bobcat though.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
I'd love to see a bobcat in the pines. I only saw one in the wild and that was in the Blue Ridge in Virginia. With the feral cat problem in some areas of the pines (Chatsworth area for one) bobcats might just thin that herd out a bit, but anyone with small pets would be at big risk.