Bobpbx says "Someone Snatched The Nash"

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
maybe a 63/67 chev pickup cant remember which way the air vents ran. Air vents are wrong to be a 1972 International Harvester pickup.

The body style for Chevy changed dramatically from 1966 to 1967. That was the downsize year. The '67 though had the tiny back window like the former design and the '68 on had a full size back window. I've owned in GMC & Chevy 1967,1968,1969,1970,1971....and various mid '70's. That ain't none of those.
I will maintain the fella's original idea of a dodge cab. I/H is a maybe.
I was off on the Scout grilles...way off.
The grilles you see on the old POWER WAGONS, Pre RAM, were pretty nice looking as Scott's imaged portrayed. I feel like there was a cheaper, "fleet" truck version out there with the ugly old steel grill. Anyone familiar?

g.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
One very important clue I remember; it had those built in running boards at the doors. In looking at various pickup photos on the web, very few had them. You can't see it real clear in this photo, but they are there. Another clue is the fenders were flared. And without the trim in the grill, its throwing us off.

watermark.php

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I am now into the late...late 60's or 1970 model searches. That lack of fender flare intrigued me. It is a truck of a turning point year I think.
Knowing my GMC & Chevy designs I can tell you a big, chunky, agressive grille that still provided some support was done in 1969. Ford lightened it up the same way a year later or so. I'm not a Dodge man but have been around them so I'm reaching. So many images on so many sites. I'm actually having a BLAST looking!
This angle shows me more. You were not sitting in a plain pick-up, but a full size truck. Look at the floor for the bell housing alone.
The shear size of that steering wheel is getting me though. Truly common to the old "manual" steering boxes of old. It has me thinking of that standard model cab on a much larger tonnage truck. I remember one on the farm that took my arms reach to hold as a youngin'. Again, reaching, so to speak.

g.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I am now into the late...late 60's or 1970 model searches. That lack of fender flare intrigued me. It is a truck of a turning point year I think.
Knowing my GMC & Chevy designs I can tell you a big, chunky, agressive grille that still provided some support was done in 1969. Ford lightened it up the same way a year later or so. I'm not a Dodge man but have been around them so I'm reaching. So many images on so many sites. I'm actually having a BLAST looking!
This angle shows me more. You were not sitting in a plain pick-up, but a full size truck. Look at the floor for the bell housing alone.
The shear size of that steering wheel is getting me though. Truly common to the old "manual" steering boxes of old. It has me thinking of that standard model cab on a much larger tonnage truck. I remember one on the farm that took my arms reach to hold as a youngin'. Again, reaching, so to speak.

g.

I dont' think you are reaching. I noticed that the first universal joint for the steering was a scant 18-24" down from the wheel. I thought that was odd and added to the "bigger, older, unsophisticated brawny work-truck" mystique.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
another picture of the same year and model. I think this is it,what do you guy's think. I know George has been looking hard and I wonder what his guess is gonna be.

That's pretty darned good and the grille is great but check out the slight angle of the grille's outer edge on the woods truck. That and the front of your white one is more flattish, fleetside if you will. The red one is more flared. Your gosh darned close though!

Look again at the squared off inner wheel wells... not common to 1970's in most anyone's model. Curse this truck and the lousy S.O.B. that left it's cab out there.

g.

That's pretty darned good and the grille is great but check out the slight angle of the grille's outer edge on the woods truck. That and the front of your white one is more flattish, fleetside if you will. The red one is more flared. Your gosh darned close though!

Look again at the squared off inner wheel wells... not common to 1970's in most anyone's model. Curse this truck and the lousy S.O.B. that left it's cab out there.

g.

how bout this one

another-1.jpg

or this one , same year different angle

View attachment 556

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
how bout this one (same year just from the front)

thisone-1.jpg

We have a winner, congratulations Maxwell!
That is the truck.
The grille and inward taper below the headlights are a dead match.
Now, is that a Dodge in your photo?

All of the big three used to use a regular pickup cab on trucks in heavyweight classes.
For example, an F-600 dump truck always had the same cab as an F-150 in Fords.

Scott

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
PS: How about that bumper...."give me a hunk of 10" channel iron boys, we'll drill some holes and bolt her on! Might help keep the front end down when the boom is up".

We have a winner, congratulations Maxwell!
That is the truck!
The grille and inward taper below the headlights are a dead match.
Now, is that a Dodge in your photo?

wooohooo!!! O.K. what did I win (does George have to buy me a beer at the Silver Fox)

thisone.jpg

The truck in the picture and the other two are Dodges, the ones I posted are actually 1974 Dodge D600's (a 3 ton truck.) I thought it was a Dodge from the begining and it started getting frustrated I couldn't find any images to say ya or nay.