Body found in Chatsworth

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
This morning, while driving home from Waretown, I couldn't make a left from Rt 72 on to Rt 532 heading to Chatsworth. The road was blocked with an ambulance. I went to Savoy Blvd and made my left to go to Chatsworth and continue on Rt 532 towards Tabernacle. On my travels I saw a channel 6 van heading towards Rt 563 and Rt 532. After arriving home I went online and there was some sketchy information on a fire reported in that area around 5 AM and a body was found. No other information was available. Has anyone heard anything or have more details on this incident?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
You really have to keep an eye on those people from Brick.
:D
Must have been some argument to trigger a hammer to the head and being set on fire.
Ouch.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
If I had the grisly task of burying a body in the pines, you'd never see or hear from them again. The cops would have a heart attack just gettin to the place.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Sounds like you've got the place all picked out. Now all you need to do is finish your hit list. :dance:

I can come up with 10 places in 10 minutes, but I can't give out any clues in case the task becomes useful to me some day. You never know!

BrickPiney82

Apr 11, 2009
You really have to keep an eye on those people from Brick.
Must have been some argument to trigger a hammer to the head and being set on fire.
Ouch.

Whats that suppose to mean?..... They looked like a couple of low lifes. I could guess the 3-4 areas in town where they lived.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
If I had the grisly task of burying a body in the pines, you'd never see or hear from them again. The cops would have a heart attack just gettin to the place.

Good. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of these things. I've got a bunch of potential body dump sites in mind also, you know, just in case. I also have areas in mind that if I ever needed to dissappear...no one would ever, ever find me. Neither of these circumstances seem remotely likely but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

Really, it would be sooooo easy to get rid of a body in the pines. You know, for everyone of these guys that dumps a body in fairly accessable spots, there must be at least a dozen or more that will never be found. Maybe more. Keep that in mind the next time you are hiking alone in a remote area and the night is falling.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Whats that suppose to mean?..... They looked like a couple of low lifes. I could guess the 3-4 areas in town where they lived.

He's teasing Ben. Whenever you see that green grinning smilie you have to remember that what is being said is most likely tongue-in-cheek.

We all realize Brick was voted one of the safest communities in America several years ago.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Wackos, sick in the head. Not only did they bash him in the head with a hammer but they set the body on fire. Disturbing.

Brick, or as my coworkers from Monmouth County call it "Bricktuckey".:)

mitchdeighan

Feb 28, 2010
Brings to mind a totally unique day from back in the summer of '67, when I was on the Pine Barrens beat for the Department of Agriculture. Another hot day and I pulled into some sand roads near one of those 5-road intersections, remote. As I was putting one of the traps out I spotted what appeared to be a newly-dug grave. For the life of me it was just the size and proportion of such a dig. This was many years before my decades as an urban pioneer in Northern Liberties, which toughened me up real good. Hightailed it outta there so quick, I can still feel my pulse racing. Yeah maybe I should have called the police but didn't, knowing there was at least a 50-50 chance I was letting my imagination get the best of me. But damn, it sure looked like a grave. Stupid place for a grave, though, if the object was to hide a body...as you guys have said, the place to bury a body in the Pines is off the beaten path, and there are plenty of places like that, even with sand-road access.