Body found off of Carranza Road today

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That link is essentially the same link I was going to except the search info. If I remove the search info and googles IP address, the link won't work. That is odd.

phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/112-12262008-1643712.html

phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/112-12262008-1643712.html+Body+found+off+of+Carranza+Road&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us

If you go this link which is the top link the article is gone and if you change the last 2 to a 1 or 3 in the URL, the articles are there. Why won't it display the 1643712 article except when your search info is added in?????????

http://phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/112-12262008-1643712.html

Thanks.

Guy

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I just returned from

The police were at: 39.7714, -74.6142

and I didn't see anything to indicate anything occoured there.

It turns out we were within 125 feet of that location at 10 AM on Friday morning. We came out of the dirt road and turned west on Carranza. We didn,t see anything, so maybe the body wasn't there yet or it was down in the ditch. Saturday at 9 AM I was out that way again and saw 3 vehicles pulled over at that location. They didn't look official, people were milling about.

Ed

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
It was less than 250 feet off the road. Still not much info on how long it had been there. Or who found it. It is still pretty hush hush.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I was right by there the other night before the body was discovered. It certainly sounds as though the information is being kept quiet because it could hinder an investigation.

I hope it is a body dump and not something more sinister (a body dump is sinister enough).

Jeff

kaugie125

First off, Hey all, I am new to this forum, and I happy I found this great site! Second, My brother works as a volunteer for a Medford Fire Department and they recieved word of this at their station on Friday and they were ( like us) left with nothing except they had found a body..no details. This story got me thinking of how many other ( just assuming this is) Mob related or "Murder" disposed bodies are out in our Pines. I know this sounds too Sopranoes, but I was just thinking about it...

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Was the body found on the north or south side of Carranza Road? 250 feet back from Carranza Road at the location given is very tough going.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Was the body found on the north or south side of Carranza Road? 250 feet back from Carranza Road at the location given is very tough going.

Thats what makes it seem that maybe the police were trying to solve a crime and eventually someone talked and led them there.

I suspect we may never know what happened. I asked my usual sources and they did not even know about it.

Guy

BlueMoonMuskrat

Explorer
Sep 12, 2008
I saw this story on the news today:

http://www.ldnews.com/lebanonnews/ci_11438375

"NORRISTOWN, Pa.—A suburban Philadelphia woman and her boyfriend have been charged with killing her father, then trying to dismember his body with a chain saw before disposing of it in a wooded area in New Jersey, prosecutors said Monday.
The body of Marc Rubin, 46, was found in the Pine Barrens on Dec. 8, the day after it was dumped, Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Ferman said. Rubin was killed with a shotgun Nov. 28, but his body was left in his apartment for more than a week, she said.

No one reported the gunshot, the smell of the decomposing body or the sound of the chain saw, Ferman said.

Prosecutors allege that the victim's 22-year-old daughter, Christina Rubin, paid $1,000 to her boyfriend, 20-year-old Jeffrey Leinheiser, to kill her father. A friend, 19-year-old Daniel Dougherty, was enlisted to help wrap the body in trash bags, roll it in a carpet and dump the body in New Jersey, Ferman said.

A deer hunter found the body Dec. 8, and police identified the victim through a fingerprint on Thursday and also found one of Leinheiser's prints on the trash bags that covered the body, authorities said.

Rubin and Leinheiser were arrested Sunday and ordered held without bail on charges of first-degree murder and other counts including abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence, Ferman said. Dougherty was charged with evidence tampering and abuse of a corpse and was held Monday at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility in lieu of25,000 bail.

All the defendants live in Jenkintown; it was not immediately clear if they were represented by lawyers."

Is this the same body that was found off carrranza?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I think it was pretty obvious that the newspapers were rushing to get a good story, and were quickly informed or realized that it may be insensitive to post the article.

Guy