Bog Bodies

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
entropysedge said:
Its because to the TV folks, all of NJ looks the same and why should they pay the expense of being in the actual location.

I think Ben is probably right. 50% of the footage for the Sopranos is filmed in northern NJ and the rest (mostly indoor shots) are done at Silvercup Studios in Queens. Only two hours from the real pines.

WAMBA

Scout
Mar 20, 2006
Voorhees
i believe they came down here to voorhees once to shoot a scene at catelli's restaurant, so it's not like they aren't capable of shooting in SJ. you could get restaurant interior shots in north jersey easily, so why come down here for it?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
entropysedge said:
There's a White Castle in Cherry Hill?

What's sad is that the general public will believe what they see on tv is how things really are.

I am interested in your handle; entropysedge. Are you into plants? What does it mean?

From Websters 7th:

Entropy: a measure of the disorder of a closed thermodynamic system in terms of a constant multiple of the natural logarithm of the probability of the occurrence of a particular molecular arrangement of the system that by suitable choice of a constant reduces to the measure of unavailable energy.

Sedge: any of the family (Cyperaceae).

bob

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
From Websters 7th:

Entropy: a measure of the disorder of a closed thermodynamic system in terms of a constant multiple of the natural logarithm of the probability of the occurrence of a particular molecular arrangement of the system that by suitable choice of a constant reduces to the measure of unavailable energy.

bob[/QUOTE]

My head hurts.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
My head hurts too Jeff. I can't understand it. But I read a little further. It has something to do with the natural decay of all the matter in the universe to an ultimate state of uniformity. I suppose the big bang is involved.

I love being challenged to just think about space facts, like how far it is to the nearest star, or how many galaxies are at the edge of the universe, or how man could ever even get to the edge of the milky way considering how we need gravity to survive long term. They say they need to conquer how to put a space traveler into suspended animation, for like 1,000 years to reach some near stars even traveling at light speed (186,000 miles per second). And then when he wakes up, what will his muscles be like?

WOW!

bobpbx said:
My head hurts too Jeff. I can't understand it. But I read a little further. It has something to do with the natural decay of all the matter in the universe to an ultimate state of uniformity. I suppose the big bang is involved.

I love being challenged to just think about space facts, like how far it is to the nearest star, or how many galaxies are at the edge of the universe, or how man could ever even get to the edge of the milky way considering how we need gravity to survive long term. They say they need to conquer how to put a space traveler into suspended animation, for like 1,000 years to reach some near stars even traveling at light speed (186,000 miles per second). And then when he wakes up, what will his muscles be like?

WOW!

Bang on! Give bobpbx the prize!:guinness:

The name is actually for my house; a couple of friends mentioned that it was next to chaos, entropy's edge ... a little silly actually... I started using it for a website name and it works for a forums id because noone ever thinks of using it.

I do have a very nice garden which I use a fodder for many many photographs. I also paint science fiction/fantasy type stuff (my avatar is one of my paintings.)

:cat:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
entropysedge said:
Bang on! Give bobpbx the prize!:guinness:

Right on! (hey, how come that term didn't survive like "cool" did?)

I like your handle, there is a 100% chance no one else will ever think of it. When you apply for email accounts and passwords they'll never come back and say..."your name has been chosen, how about entropysedge66?".

I also like these screen names on this site: Manumuskin, Woodjin, Aserdaten (wish I had chosen that first), Kingofthepines, and Popeofthepines.