Bombing Range Road?

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
Hey Ben,
I would agree. They are my two favorite spots. Preacher's Hill has a few areas on the hill that give you an overlook onto the Pines. All great views. The FR range makes you feel like you are in some high mountains when you traverse the trails throughout the range. Then you get to the overlook spot and get what I feel is the best scenic overlook in the Pine Barrens. Apple Pie Hill is nice from the tower. But something about the East Mountain overlook just knocks you off your feet. I am definitely going to check out some of the spots given by the nice Piney folks on this thread. I want to see them all. I am greedy when it comes to my love of the Pines. Hahaha :cool:

SpineyPiney

Scout
Jan 15, 2013
While it's not technically the pine barrens. Some of the areas around it look and feel like the pines. Blueberry Hill off of United State Avenue by the Lindenwold park has a great view of Philadelphia. image.jpg

Reactions: Teegate and Boyd

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
Spiney,
Stop trying to deny it. Southwest Jersey. I am guessing you spend alot of time in the woods. Your a Piney... hahaha

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The only "great" view I"ve ever seen of Philadelphias was this same view while descending after the flight back from Saudi Arabia on 5-28-1991.I hate cities but an American city is better then the Arabian desert.Now I prefer to see Philly over either shoulder if I have to see it at all.

Reactions: Ben Ruset

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
Amen manumuskin... I work in Newark every day. I get first hand view of what a city is every day. Blah. People ask me for directions every day and I laugh. I know how to get to my job, and more importantly, how to quickly get out!!!!!! I have said on this site, before, that the worst and best part of my day is at the exact same spot. The worst is when I read the sign "Now Leaving the Pinelands National Reserve". The best is when I read the sign that says "Welcome to the Pinelands National Reserve". I have a good job. It is just locationally challenged. I think I just made up a new word/phrase... Hahaha

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Thats exactly what i told my wife when I used to work in Philly every day! The most important thing to know every day is how to get out! I drove routes that were different everyday and ended at different times so you had to know where you were and what every one else was doing to know the best way to get out and what bridge to use.I used to fear driving in Philly,now I know my way around and am no longer afraid but truly realize WHY I hate the place now.

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
Manumuskin,
Something very important I forgot to say... Thanks for your service!!! From the bottom of my heart. I served in the mid/late eighties. Luckily, for me, there were no wars going on. Thanks again:cool:

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
when I went in in Nov 89 there wasn't any wars either.Needless to say If I had known the future I wouldn't have went in but since I did I guess I"m better for the experience.I really missed family and the barrens.I just wanted something green and not covered in dust.I had family send me magazine photo cutouts of wilderness scenes and any pics I could get of the barrens.Miserable country over there and not overly friendly folks.

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
While it's not technically the pine barrens. Some of the areas around it look and feel like the pines. Blueberry Hill off of United State Avenue by the Lindenwold park has a great view of Philadelphia. View attachment 4986
Hey Spiney,
Where is Lindenwold park? is that the sports complex? You said its U.S. Ave., just wondering if that is where the hill was. I have some friends at work from that area who love the pines. Showed them the pic and they want to get directions to the hill.

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
While it's not technically the pine barrens. Some of the areas around it look and feel like the pines. Blueberry Hill off of United State Avenue by the Lindenwold park has a great view of Philadelphia. View attachment 4986
Judging by the awesome topo maps on this site, I would say its the 180 foot hill just north of sports complex on east side of U.S. Ave.?...