Brooksbrae getting worse

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
We went out there today to find a cache near there; this was my first time there since Halloween night. The place is getting worse & worse every time I visit it. There was much more graffiti than only 2 months ago. Even worse, someone dumped off a couch along the trail, which has a good 50 or so beer cans next to it.

I find it funny people spraypainted "Piney Power" on the ruins. Any true Piney would want to preserve the place, not deface it.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Yeah, you're right - I was out there about a week ago showing the place to a friend for the first time and we noticed all that. I don't even want to think about what that couch was used for... What a shame. I'm just glad that these same a-holes don't seem to know about Harrisville.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Boyd said:
Yeah, you're right - I was out there about a week ago showing the place to a friend for the first time and we noticed all that. I don't even want to think about what that couch was used for... What a shame. I'm just glad that these same a-holes don't seem to know about Harrisville.

They may know about it but it is more in the open at Harrisville.

When we were at Old Half Way (Hidden Lakes/Clay Works) last weekend on our hike, the lake was frozen over and it was full of paint balls on top. They even go there to use them. What a waste of money shooting them into the lake.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
stizkidz said:
Am I missing something?

It is not something that you even need to worry about. You are better off not getting involved.

Guy

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
I don't really get it either....I was just quoting The Village.

At any rate, they did a great job cleaning up. Just a shame there isn't a way to get rid of the spraypaint. Whoever "Piney Princess" is should be tar & feathered....I saw her signature on a couple things today.

wolfspider05

Explorer
Nov 12, 2004
Riverside Nj
How about "pizza queen"? Who is that!? I've seen that spray painted around the pumping station and quaker bridge, I believe. Anyways, why isn't there a fence around the property? I mean, Harrisville has one and so far I haven't seen any problems there. I am guessing they have a fence at Harrisville due to safety reasons? They outta have one at Brooksbrae also, along with a few other places. I know fences don't keep people out completly, but they do help.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I don't think a fence would last very long at Brooksbrae.

Plus the rangers do patrol it pretty often. Once I was stopped on the side of the road and a ranger pulled up and asked if I was OK. The next time I was at the site and a ranger actually came up to me at the ruins.

WAY back when I didn't know exactly where it was I was parked right at the border of Ocean/Burlington county and hiked back down the long road into Greenwood WMA. When I came back I found a ranger waiting at my car for me.

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
Yeah, Pizza Queen is another one I want to choke. Piney Power is another one that keeps popping up, which really bothers me.
I think the reason Harrisville is virtually untouched is a combo of the fence and its location.....right on the side of a somewhat busy road. For the most part it's in plain sight.

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
I tried finding Union Clay Works again but was turned back because of chiggers and heat, so I figured I'd show my friend Brooksbrae.

I went there today for the first time since May, and the spraypaint is really getting bad. Teegate apparently has a detractor there.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Stu said:
I went there today for the first time since May, and the spraypaint is really getting bad. Teegate apparently has a detractor there.

I can guess who that is :) You always read about people who just can't let go, and he is one of them. One day he will put his mind to good use, until then he is a bottom dweller.

Guy

wolfspider05

Explorer
Nov 12, 2004
Riverside Nj
You get what you put in and people get what they deserve. They will get caught if whoever it is keeps it up. They have ways of finding out, the guy that was the one who spray painted Carranza did.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We have heard that when the authorities pass by and see vehicles along the road they check the place out, but I have parked there many times exploring for other things there and have never been questioned.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002