Brooksbrae getting worse

lenlenlen1

Oct 26, 2007
Brooksbrae

Help!
I want to visit Brooksbrae because I want to do some photography there. I've seen other peoples pics and I think the place is awesome. I have a few problems/questions though:
1) I am trying to find out if I need a permit to shoot there, and cant find out how as of yet.
2) Will forest rangers, or anyone else, be a problem in as far as not letting me work there?
And 3) I've never been there and I dont know how exactly to get there.
Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Len

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Hmm, what kind of photography are you planning to do there? I've been there a number of times, have shot video and stills, and have never run into anyone else while I was there. Awhile ago I was wondering whether permission/permits were needed to do photography in NJ State Forests. I read through all their rules and didn't see anything related. Of course that doesn't mean it's OK or that the rules haven't changed.

I know the National Parks have gotten very strict about this, and I've read about numerous people being stopped by rangers. Evidently a professional grade tripod is one of the things that will arouse the rangers' interest. But I've never had a problem anywhere in the pines using pro gear. Your mileage may vary....

For directions see: http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/showthread.php?t=1130

But please treat the place with the respect it deserves....

diggersw

Scout
Dec 4, 2003
Freehold Area
Visit site
In addition to Ben's final comment, it should be noted that though a permit is not needed to photograph, it is illegal to remove any historic material (artifacts or trinkets) from property under State, Local or Federal stewardship. So please, leave the place as you found it. However, I feel that when talking to this group, I am already preaching to the choir. We all seem to be of the same mind on this issue.

Scott