Bub's big fishing expo

Bubby's looking sharp in his uniform! I hope he's still getting out and fishing.
20170703_142626.jpg
20170703_142626.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: oji and Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Plenty of rain before and during the first two day's on vacation. I used the blue bucket shown in the photo to bail the boat out. I would say it was about a gallon and I bailed over 125 times.

IMG_0415.JPG

Then the weather improved.

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0529.JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

On the second from last day we were fishing across the lake and I noticed a beaver swimming from the other side. It passed us and then swam along the rocks right in front of us where it promptly swatted it's tail in the water and went below the water never to return. Five minutes later Jessica felt a tug that almost pulled her out of the boat. She yelled for me to help as the rod started slipping from her hands. Just then whatever was on the line flew out of the water and splashed back in and it was the biggest fish I have ever viewed in the 50 years I have been fishing there. Jessica thought she had caught the beaver. I had to grab her pole and then the line to try and get it in. Just as I felt we were close to doing that, with the fish still under the boat, the line snapped with us never getting another view of it. It was the most depressing feeling knowing that she had a chance to catch something as big as that.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
So we go back to Vermont this week and Jessica does her best to catch one as big as the one that got away last month. Three throws off the beach with a lure and she did quite well. She had to run backwards and drag it out of the water.

IMG_0900a.jpg

On Thursday evening we were fishing in the boat out a little ways in front of my relatives property and I noticed the neighbor coming over the mountain and flying in. He passed right by us which was pretty cool.

IMG_0891a.jpg

A few minutes later after picking up a family member we watched this.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
So we go back to Vermont this week and Jessica does her best to catch one as big as the one that got away last month. Three throws off the beach with a lure and she did quite well. She had to run backwards and drag it out of the water.

Very nice smallmouth bass. We are headed to the Adirondacks in early October for a couple night canoe trip in the St Regis. It will be my youngests first since his accident in 2015, he is chompin' at the bit :)

ninemileskid

Explorer
Sep 14, 2014

View attachment 9597

On Thursday evening we were fishing in the boat out a little ways in front of my relatives property and I noticed the neighbor coming over the mountain and flying in. He passed right by us which was pretty cool.

View attachment 9598

A few minutes later after picking up a family member we watched this.

Guy
Great sweatshirt!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Hello Old friends. This past February Bubby was involved in a major car accident and unfortunately he has passed away. He was 20 years old.

Sorry to hear that. I am sure everyone here who remembers your posts feel the same way. No parent should have to see this happen to their child.

Reactions: maxwellandson