Burned Area Visit

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Our goal today was to explore the burned area along Allen and Oswego Road looking for property stones, monuments and anything else within our sights. Our first stop was to visit the old vehicle and get a few photos after the fire.

IMG_7998a.jpg

IMG_8003a.jpg

Aluminum melts at 1221 degrees and this tree stand was melting at the top. I have to believe the fire was hotter there than on the ground.

IMG_8009a.jpg

When water is not to be found wet area's will burn.

IMG_8006a.jpg

There is a monument by the road for the corner to the lot but this one is different. It is on the property line but about 160 feet from any corner.

IMG_8012a.jpg

The pipe which was under Oswego Road where the Oswego track begins at was removed and replaced with plastic pipes I have to assume by the FFS while fighting the fire. There was a stone at that location when the bridge was there years ago but if it survived I doubt it is there now.

IMG_8026a.jpg

We found a very old wooden deer stand that was collapsing and at the base we found this broken bottle that the hunter was storing his finished cigarettes. It appears the fire may have cracked the bottle. If only they could talk.

IMG_8013a.jpg

We also visited the Ellis Adams ruin site and found the fire had slightly burned the area. It was not as open as I had hoped.

IMG_8018a.jpg

I found this Ellis Adams property stone years ago but as we passed by I checked on it again.

IMG_8022a.jpg

One of the corners, at least I thought, of the Ellis Adams property meets the 6 Partners tract and I had been there before and found nothing. Arriving today I again found nothing until I looked about 50 feet away and saw the Ellis Adams corner.

DSC_5661a.jpg

The stone above is the Ellis Adams property corner but I believe now that many of the maps I have may be incorrect. I now believe the 6 Partners tract and the Ellis Adams tract do not meet and the stone above pretty much proves that. Looking at this map closely it tells us they don't meet. I see two seperate corners.

intersection.jpg

You can also see that the adjacent owner was at one time George Thomas.

6Partners.jpg

I have some basic video's I will put together later today and post. Nothing special.

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We again visited the burn area in Bass River and along the way we passed West Mill Road at 206 and noticed that it appears the state is fixing the road. Right at 206 we saw this huge pile of dirt in the first hole there.

IMG_1991a.jpg

Then to Bass River where along our walk we again revisited the Joseph Burns and Thomas Reynolds stone.

DSC_5698a.jpg

Our main goal was to find a stone we have looked for a few times before and could not find. Today, it was much simpler.

DSC_5700a.jpg

The global relief forest sign is still standing after the fire.

IMG_8089a.jpg

This may be the same turtle Dragon saw.

IMG_8100a.jpg

This hunter will be disappointed when they return.

IMG_8105a.jpg

And Jessica's pants at the end of our day.

IMG_1990a.jpg

Reactions: M1 Abrams and Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Did you stop and get a good look at that dirt Guy? Very dissapointing if its from outside the pine barrens.

The PC will not allow pine barrens dirt to be used in the pine barrens. :bang:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Unfortunately a different one. But if you only saw 1 I suppose the rest found relief.

We saw quite a few deer bones all over our walk. Much more than usual. And we saw a few complete set of bones from other creatures where they most likely died from the fire.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Rather than put this someplace else, I will just add it here. This morning at 5:45 we were passing through Bellmawr on a road I have gone down for 40 years. There is a blind train crossing where I have only viewed a train sitting one time in all of the 40 years. This morning as we traveled down the road I hear a loud quick toot and stopped quickly just at the gate crossing. Notice the gates are coming down as the train is already passing through.

Click For Blind Train Crossing

Reactions: Wick

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
We saw quite a few deer bones all over our walk. Much more than usual. And we saw a few complete set of bones from other creatures where they most likely died from the fire.
Speaking of that, I found this near Pine Valley last week. I was just walking out and remembered my boots were caked with mud. I went back to the stream and came upon it.

1687647630341.png