Camera anomoly?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Bob,

Snow :)

Bring your boots and as soon as the snow is gone we can hit that and the place I mentioned that has the steel rails. It is close by. It will do you good to get in our area one day :)

Lets set a date! Actually I have been close near there but it was full of snow. But that is a wet area.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
TeeGate said:
Lets set a date! Actually I have been close near there but it was full of snow. But that is a wet area. Guy

The snow would be a problem this time of year. Do you have a jump-off spot in mind? Is that road a cranberry dike?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
After the snow is gone is best.

That location is just off the road from 206 to Hampton Furnace. It is a cranberry dike. I believe Ben and I have almost walked to that spot. We were there a few years back in the snow and there was a man and some kids on the ice. We walked across the dike and into the woods a short distance.

Ben am I correct?

Guy

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
After the snow is gone and while the ground is still frozen, it's very wet back there.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
A few of us are going to tromp around Hampton in the woods for a bit. Perhaps this next Saturday, the 12th, if most of the snow leaves. I know, don't hold your breath.

All comers are welcome. We are going to decide Thursday nite.........

bob

Guy, how long of a tromp would it be if you see all the stuff you want to?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:
Guy, how long of a tromp would it be if you see all the stuff you want to?

Where I want to go is a short distance off of Carranza Road not far from the Boot Camp. We need to go on foot through the woods and into a Cedar Swamp. There appears to be a road or a path most of the way but I am not certain. In any event it is not far off the road. It is in the area of the large hill on Carranza road that Mickey talked about on the High Plains Drifting hike.

So my suggestion would be to meet at the Boot Camp. That is close by where I want to go, and after a short walk to where I want to go and then back to our cars, we can head right past Hampton Furnace and to the spot with the anomaly that this thread is about. The rest of the day could be spent in that area and wherever else you want to go.

This way you (BobM) do not have to drive all the way to 206 and come in from Atsion. That is much further for you to travel.

Seem ok???

Those who come should make sure you have proper boots. I can GUARANTEE to you that Bob will have us in the thick of things. Trust Me. I suggest Knee Highs.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:
Bear, if you want to make this one, I have no problem holding off for a week. How about next Saturday, the 19th? We could check with the others.

bob

That is fine with me. Can anyone make this Sunday? It should be 48 degrees, slightly warmer than Saturday.

But Saturdays are best for me so the 19th is fine if you want that.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That depends on whether Bear really wants to go and whether Pinelandpaddler and Ben can make Sunday.

Tell you what. Before this gets to complicated, we'll follow this plan in order:

1.) Bear, can you and do you want to go Sunday?

2.) If he says no, we stick to Saturday.

3.) If he says yes, we see if Ben and P-paddler can go Sunday.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:
That depends on whether Bear really wants to go and whether Pinelandpaddler and Ben can make Sunday.

Tell you what. Before this gets to complicated, we'll follow this plan in order:

Ben can't make it.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:

Bob,

Ben can't make it this Saturday, Steve can't make it either day this weekend, and Jessica can't make it Sunday, so I assume it is on for this Saturday as #2 above says???

Or are your postponing?

Guy