Camera anomoly?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The trip is going to be Saturday. So far we will be meeting on Carranza road at the Boot Camp entrance. Bob should pick the time since he has the farthest to come.

The first thing we will be doing is heading into the woods just off of Carranza road near Moores Meadow Road. I have come up with some information where there is two "steel rails" located on the Wharton Forest border. They are 90 feet apart. I have no idea what they are, or if they are still there. Fifty years ago they were. On the way to these rails we will search for an old stone marker. I will give the coordinates to whoever comes so they can find them along with us. If they want they can lead the way, thats up to them.

This is at the most a mile round trip with some of it on a road so it won't take long. If we want we can look for another stone less than 100 feet off of Carranza road.

Then we will head over to Bob's anomaly which this thread is about and Bob will take it from there.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
9AM is fine by me. I will be there this Saturday at 9AM.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BEHR655 said:
I know you can get to the bend past 77amen and before 77 diving board. At that point you should park and walk in as the causeway is grown over. Real pretty area back there.

Steve

I think I could even get my car to there the way I remember it.

Guy

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
You can easily get to 77amen with 4WD, there will be puddles now, with ice not thick enough to support a car, but thick enough to slow you down. You can drive all the way back to the rear corner. I kayaked all the bogs but the rear most, that's for this spring. I don't think I can make it.

Ed

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is not too late.

If anyone want to come just be on Carranza road at the boot camp at 9AM. We will not wait long after that but if you come a little late you may find our cars up near Moores Meadow road for a short while.

You might want to bring knee high boots or some footwear to keep water out when we head over to the anomaly area. It looks slightly wet. :) Jeff... I guess you might want to being your waders. Jessica has new snow boots, but she still most likely will have to wear her waders there.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
BEHR655 said:
Well????? How was your day?

We had a good day. I forgot my camera though. Guy found his iron rails, and we found the huge iron stones on a steep ridge. Very impressive. They are as big as Lahaway, and one was even larger.

After that we went to the camera anomaly, and thats all it was. We saw a beautiful large savannah and many little streams. Much green briar though.

When we broke up I did a couple more stops on my own. Where Moores Meadow road meets Carranza I did some ridge hiking. Very nice back there.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BEHR655 said:
You can drive there. It is a gun club/shooting range. I don't recall the name of it.

Steve

Is there a sign with a name?

Guy