canoe trip

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Good afternoon folks!
Do any of y'all ever get together for canoeing/kayaking?
One route I would like to try is the Oswego Lake to Oswego river to Wading.
The water level has been too low each time I have tried it.
I have had great experiences on the Batsto (turtles everywhere). and The Great Egg Harbor is also very good in spots.
I have also heard going upstream Oswego is fun.
Being new to this site, my impressions so far is this is a great group of extremely knowledgable people in regards to the pines.
I love the pines. Part of the reason I moved to Berlin Twp. is that I can drive into wilderness in about ten minutes! I have spent most of my wandering in Wharton and can usually get really deep in there and will amazingly just stumble onto a road I know to get out using only my truck's compass.
Anyway I look forward to learning a lot from you folks
Peace,
Tom

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
Ocean County Parks offers canoe trips to organized groups (we are an organized group, aren't we? ;) ) free of charge. As long as we have at least 8 participants, I can provide a trailer full of canoes and a van to haul us. If there is interest in this, we'd have to plan soon. The Oswego is best done early while there is water in it, or else it is half canoeing, half wet hiking! Anyone interested?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
GermanG said:
Ocean County Parks offers canoe trips to organized groups (we are an organized group, aren't we? ;) ) free of charge. As long as we have at least 8 participants, I can provide a trailer full of canoes and a van to haul us. If there is interest in this, we'd have to plan soon. The Oswego is best done early while there is water in it, or else it is half canoeing, half wet hiking! Anyone interested?

German, that is a generous offer! I have a full schedule, so I'll probably have to pass, but I highly recommend people take you up on your offer, especially if canoing is new to them.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
These are the days the canoes are available: April 23,30, May 14,15,21,22,28,29. I guess the easiest way to pick a day is for everyone interested to list the days they can make it and we can pick the day that suits the most people? We can iron out the other details after that. Hope it works out!

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
paddling excursion

I am not sure the status of the proposed Ocean County trip(German G), but I would like to invite any and all paddlers, floaters, and lovers of the pines to a trip on one of the local rivers(Wading, Batsto, Great Egg, etc.) I'm open for suggestions if y' all have a favorite one. These are the proposed dates: June 11, 12,13,14,15,16 or July 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9