can't upload pics to gallery

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I can't seem to figure out how to upload pics to my gallery. I tried logining in again in the gallery section but it doesn't recognize my password/username.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jeff,

Find the NJPineBarren Gallery Cookie and delete it. Then try again. I am sorry I can't go into detail but I am running Mac.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Change your password on the forums. (You can change it to the same thing that it was before. It just matters that you change it.)

Then, if you still have problems, delete the cookies from your browser and try to log in.

Jeff Larson

May 3, 2011
Hey, I just noticed since I changed my password that I can't PM. And I kind of need to PM you because I can't do some other things either.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I'll do that Ben, but first let me just ask...where is the button that allows me to update to my gallery? The upload button on the individual posts requires that I pull a photo directly from my computer. I am used to pulling them from my gallery. It was when I tried to upload it directly from my computer that I couldn't do it.

Jeff

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
So the "upload a file" button takes your picture and attaches it to a post on the forums. It doesn't touch your gallery at all.

If you upload a pic to your gallery you need to cut and paste the link to your photo (shown at the bottom of your photo) in the post and it will just show up in your post as just an image, not as an attachment or anything.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Make sure you are logged in and then choose the upload button. See the attached photo. It should be the same as before.
Guy

Attachments

• Upload.jpg
    Upload.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 205

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Make sure you are logged in and then choose the upload button. See the attached photo. It should be the same as before.
Guy

Thanks, now you see, I am logged in but when I go to my gallery it doesn't give me the option to upload photos. I also noticed that it said login on the side. I tried to login but it wouldn't let me, maybe because I was logged in already. I then logged in under another registration password but it didn't work either.

Jeff

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Thanks, now you see, I am logged in but when I go to my gallery it doesn't give me the option to upload photos. I also noticed that it said login on the side. I tried to login but it wouldn't let me, maybe because I was logged in already. I then logged in under another registration password but it didn't work either.

Jeff

You can be logged into the forums and logged out of the gallery and vice versa. They're two totally separate entities now. If you can not log into the gallery as "Woodjin" with your forum password, then you need to change your password on the forums (you can change it to what you have now - what's important is that the database sees the changed password.) and, if that still does not allow you to log in, delete all of your cookies from your browser.