Capewell Glass Negative Collection

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
The photograph of the rapids appears to be have taken in the gorge. The area below this location would be the whirlpool. It is just a guess on my part.

Reactions: Willceau Illo

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I'm not so sure that is something to be proud of. It looks like it is going to fall over in the front.

In any event, it is an interesting photo. He really has aged. And looking at the girl on the left I am betting she was really tall in later years.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
Thanks for presenting these photos! I enjoyed viewing all of them, and appreciate the hundreds of hours you must have spent to produce them. My Brother In Law especially enjoyed one of them, as he was a dead ringer for one of the hundred year old Ball Players pix you posted!
THANKS!

I wouldn't consider this closed. New information surfaces all of the time. As I find out more, I will share.

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The photo's of the Carranza monument and the building at the Mead and Crane Sawmill were the highlights for me. There were many other really good ones that made my day much better. I appreciate all the work you put into it and I also want to thank you for continuing to posts here keeping us updated. I looked at all of them even though I may not have always responded when I should have. My only regret is that he could not see into the future and realize that as important as he must have felt each photo was when he took them, we would feel the same way and would want to know where they were taken at.

Guy

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
The photo's of the Carranza monument and the building at the Mead and Crane Sawmill were the highlights for me. There were many other really good ones that made my day much better. I appreciate all the work you put into it and I also want to thank you for continuing to posts here keeping us updated. I looked at all of them even though I may not have always responded when I should have. My only regret is that he could not see into the future and realize that as important as he must have felt each photo was when he took them, we would feel the same way and would want to know where they were taken at.

Guy
Thanks, Guy.

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
It has been a long time since I posted here. The posts on my website featuring the glass negatives shot by John Capewell are still up, and every now and then, they catch a curious passerby. One of the descendants of Capewell reached out to me so I decided to do a fresh post. Check t out here:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I go to your site once in a while. I was noticing that the one photo of him and his wife and I believe brother-in-law where they are sitting along a woods road is more of a winter photo. So I have to assume it was not the same time that they visited the Carranza Memorial because that was warmer weather.

Last edited:

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
I go to your site once in a while. I was noticing that the one photo of him and his wife and I believe Brother-in-law where they are sitting along a woods road is more of a winter photo. So I have to assume it was not the same time that they visited the Carranza Memorial because that was warmer weather.
Thanks for looking. I think these photos were spread out over a number of years.