Caravan from Atsion to Washington and around

TommyP

Explorer
Mar 30, 2022
Clementon
thomaspluck.substack.com
On Sunday, I met with some *gasp* off-roaders at Atsion for a caravan to Quaker Bridge, down Goodwater Road to Washington Turnpike, and down a few other roads there. We kept to the marked roads and had a good time. We met some dirt bikers on Mount Road, who also looked like they were behaving admirably.
The roads looked in decent shape, and we explored a Feeder Strip that dead-ended on us.
No wildlife was slaughtered, except a lantern fly that landed in my passenger seat.
The folks were mostly from Bucks County and PA, so Wharton is the closest for them. I want to explore more in Brendan, myself.
I've got a fat tire bike now, and it fits in the back, so I can pull over if the roads get bad (or I need to get to places where the trails are not meant for motorized vehicles).

20220911_105858 copy.jpg

trop81

Scout
Mar 17, 2011
hammonton nj
Yeah that would really stink, but it sounds like thats whats unfortunately coming our way. Hate just thinking about it. Law abiding people always get the shaft.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Think about it... your friends from out of state will not be able to visit without getting a permit if this continues. No more spur of the moment decisions.
Also. If it’s anything like a beach permit all wheel drive vehicles don’t qualify. They must be 4 wheel drive to even be able to get a permit.

TommyP

Explorer
Mar 30, 2022
Clementon
thomaspluck.substack.com
That's why we're ALL going to be online for that meeting... RIGHT?
I mean, Pinelands Adventures drives a SCHOOL BUS down these same roads. I'm sure any wildlife gets out their way, unlike an Evil Off-Roader, who has a Animal Magnetism bumper that draws in endangered species.

Reactions: popeofthepines