Cedar swamp

Nov 12, 2007
atlantic county
:)

kiss my hand indeed gabe, after the pain your givin me about this cedar tree shinanighans..... thank you bobpbx i like that Ms. Infinitely Sameness :) cedar trees are what we call them around here (north east) its similar to potato potata, they think of them out west as junipers its all in the english language if we were talking latin that is a differnent story my dendrology teacher refrers to the trees by their COMMON ENGLISH NAME Atlantic White Cedar and Eastern Red Cedar and that is how we distinguish them around these parts :eng101: I really wish i knew where in your argument lies :confused: Mr. Pinelandspaddler So now i have a question for you what exactly is a cedar a made up word??? lol

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
miss infinitely sameness said:
Mr. Pinelandspaddler So now i have a question for you what exactly is a cedar a made up word???

A more important question is this: What is the essence of a cedar tree? What is it that gives a cedar tree its cedarness? If a cedar fell in a forest and no one was there... ok, I'll stop now.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I think the only thing that is going to fall in the woods is Gabe when she hits him on the head over this. :D

Guy

YETI

Scout
Mar 11, 2007
Berlin
Yes, it's pretty much in my back yard... Some of it is open space owned by the development I live in, but the school owns about 86 acres where the swamp actually is. At work we were developing plans to replace a small dam on thier property, I was doing some research on the make up of the watershed feeding the now drained lake. Here's more...
0702057.jpg

I believe one way to tell the difference between the white & red cedar is that the white cedar has roots in the shape of basketballs just like the one to the far left.

Medford Piney

Explorer
Feb 25, 2008
Medford
I believe one way to tell the difference between the white & red cedar is that the white cedar has roots in the shape of basketballs just like the one to the far left.

Sorry but I replanted that rare orange pinelands species in the big black wheeled planter the township empties everyweek...

that area is pretty far back in the woods and really no walking trails there at all.. Must have fell out of the sky of something..

YETI

Scout
Mar 11, 2007
Berlin
I regret to say I was so excited to come across such a rare find that I did not take notice.

Medford Piney, I was just pokin fun with my original comment. If the pictures you took didn't come out so good I might not even have noticed the ball. I didn't mean too take away from the origin of the thread. Thanks for sharing.

Paul.