Chatsworth Cemetery

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
In this pine box is the body of Harvey Bozarth Jr., all alone in an empty cemetery, his days in the woods had come to an end.

image001-1.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The bottom photo of the two was taken by me yesterday.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Father & Son died the same year. Who was Harvey Bozarth?

I am uncertain but it appears he may have been someone who made his living in the woods such as Bill Wasiowich. Maybe someone will come forward and tell us.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Bozarth is a very old name throughout the Tabernacle area. It seems that Bozuretown Road is an aka for Bozarthtown.
I know a fellow surveyor who was licensed a little after me named Howard J. Bozarth who is based in Tabernacle.

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
I was trying to find the article mentioned here since I figured it would have some backstory on who he was, but I don't see any threads or front-page articles called "Vanishing Breed" here, and a general Internet search didn't turn up anything, either.

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Sounds like it was pictures of articles since lost

Reactions: stiltzkin

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
That missing image was in the old NJPB photo gallery which is long gone. However, the member who posted it is still active on the site, so you might try starting a private conversation with them.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
No need to write anyone.

Harvey Bozarth J. of Chatsworth, a pine dweller all his life, was resting in a small graveyard just outside of town.

He lay under the pines this one last time in an afternoon sun that was turning the freshly overturned earth a parched tan color.

Harvey Bozarth Jr. was dead. His body was encased in a rough-hewn knotty pine box. The cemetery was empty and there were no flowers, r pomp or circumstance.

Then again, there never had been.

I find it interesting that he was just left there. Today, someone would call the cops or take the body and drive away with it. I wonder if he spent the night or the burial was later that day?