Chatsworth Cranberry Festival

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Batsto Country Living Fair is on Sunday too.
I haven't hit Chatsworth in along time. Way too many people.
Batsto has some cool antique equipment, tractors and hit and miss engines.

Swanson

Jul 12, 2007
Atco
Yeah I'll be there with the wife,my brother and his family on Sunday ready to drink some cranberry wine

uh60chick

Scout
Jul 14, 2007
Generally I find the festival to be more about hawking crap and bad food than cranberries, though.

There will be an Ocean Spray booth this year, and an American Cranberry Growers Association booth as well. But it's still mostly about hawking crap and bad food.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I went through Chatsworth Tuesday, and they put up orange fencing on both sides of 532 from the lake to the center of town.

I don't go cause its the cattle chute feeling you get there. Plus its mostly knick-knack, kitschy kind of stuff.

But, some may like that stuff. Makes the world go round I suppose.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
It is definately the 21st.
I was actually speaking to Terry there on a matter regarding the clean-up and I intended to see her at the living fair... this Sunday.
Fix that Calender Ben.

g.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Just to slip in a quick shameless plug:

My CD, "Leeds Devil Blues", will be for sale at Buzby's. Marilyn is well stocked with copies. All proceeds will go towards cheap booze and hookers.

Ha, ha, just kidding about that last part.

Jeff

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I'm not sure Jeff but putting in the same post twice says that the last part must be on the mind in order to repeat itself.

g.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Just to slip in a quick shameless plug:

My CD, "Leeds Devil Blues", will be for sale at Buzby's. Marilyn is well stocked with copies. All proceeds will go towards cheap booze and hookers.

Ha, ha, just kidding about that last part.

Jeff

I fished at Chatsworth last Friday and stopped in at Buzby's, for the purpose of picking up your cd. I spent about an hour talking to Marilyn (what a neat lady!) and got so side tracked with the conversation that I was home before I realized I had forgotten the cd (age thing I guess). I did get a copy of Howard Boyd's Wildflowers of the Pine Barrens, though. Next time for the cd.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Yeah, she is a great person. I've only met her once, but she was happy to chat with myself and two of my friends for almost 30 minutes :). Picked up a few books and promised to come back soon. I'll look for that CD next time I am down there, Woodjin (for the cleanup on the 28th, I think).

What do you play? I have a 6-string Martin I bang away on.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I fished at Chatsworth last Friday and stopped in at Buzby's, for the purpose of picking up your cd. I spent about an hour talking to Marilyn (what a neat lady!) and got so side tracked with the conversation that I was home before I realized I had forgotten the cd (age thing I guess). I did get a copy of Howard Boyd's Wildflowers of the Pine Barrens, though. Next time for the cd.

That's cool. I keep her store pretty well stocked. How was the fishing?

Jeff

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Yeah, she is a great person. I've only met her once, but she was happy to chat with myself and two of my friends for almost 30 minutes :). Picked up a few books and promised to come back soon. I'll look for that CD next time I am down there, Woodjin (for the cleanup on the 28th, I think).

What do you play? I have a 6-string Martin I bang away on.

Yeah, she is a great person. Martin guitars are very nice. I used to have a real nice vintage (1920's) koa wood Martin. I play for a living so I have alot of guitars. I have about 11 right now. I used to have 17 or 18 or something like that. For steel string acoustics and electrics I favor Gibson as a personal preference. The main guitar on that album is a Gibson J50.

Jeff