Chetwood Brickworks

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
MarkBNJ,

You have quite a ride to get to Martha from where you live. Do you get there often?

Guy

james gilbert

Dec 20, 2007
Have you guys read the book Ghost Towns by Barbara Solem Stull? On page 119 of the book it that Chetwood attempted to start a brick works at martha but it never took off. Sometime between 1860 and 1863 Chetwood sold most of the Martha tact to Amory Edwards. Chetwood had planned to biuld a railroad through the area. Surveyors found the route impractical. They built the railroad through Chatsworth and Atsion instead. I don't know if this helped. I hope it did.

James

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
have you guys read the book Ghost towns by Barbara solem stull on page 119 of the book it thatchetwood attempted to start a brick works at martha but it never took off sometime between 1860 and 1863chet wood sold most of the martha tact to amory edwards chet wood had planned to biuld a railroad through the area. surveyors found the route impractical they built the railraod through chats worth and atsion instead.I dont know if this helped ihope it did james

Jerseymans post above mentions that. In fact I am sure his research is where she got the info from.

Guy