clay graves cake

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
here is what I posted.I was at the clay graves today after not visiting them for about six months and someone has put new plastic flowers on them and left a plastic jar with a typed note in it that claims he is celebrating the birth or death of Louisa May on july 13th out to the graves with cake.His name was Jerry I believe Colter.I have forgotten his e-mail address since I had nothing to write it with.If anyone knows who this is please ask him to refrain from parking a bunch of cars near the graves and maybe they should where camo whoever goes.I think he"s feeling for how many people know the location.In that case he should of put a sign in sheet out there.Why would you eat cake at a grave to celebrate someone you never knew?I left the note there if anybody wants to get his e-mail address off it.
Al

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
manumuskin said:
here is what I posted.I was at the clay graves today after not visiting them for about six months and someone has put new plastic flowers on them and left a plastic jar with a typed note in it that claims he is celebrating the birth or death of Louisa May on july 13th out to the graves with cake.His name was Jerry I believe Colter.I have forgotten his e-mail address since I had nothing to write it with.If anyone knows who this is please ask him to refrain from parking a bunch of cars near the graves and maybe they should where camo whoever goes.I think he"s feeling for how many people know the location.In that case he should of put a sign in sheet out there.Why would you eat cake at a grave to celebrate someone you never knew?I left the note there if anybody wants to get his e-mail address off it.
Al

Al,

Thanks for reposting it. I actually did some intensive research on him to check him out when he first wrote me. Here's why. He wrote me just about the time of "Johnny" which I assume most of you know about. I was almost certain he was "Johnny" and went along with all of his letters. He kept writing me on my Yahoo account and I was not able to get his IP address. I was hoping to compare it to what Ben and I found his to be.

Finally, he sent me an email and included in it were all of the names of the people he had also sent the letter to. Many of the names were the same as his and so I was certain at that point I could find out about him. I did some research and found out his address, and phone number and started questioning him on the sly about things I know about his neck of the wood. I gave the info he gave me to my father-in-law, who confirmed that he lived where I though he did. So I now knew he was who he said he was, and only then did I start discussing the graves. He and I have has quite a few emails since then, and all is well.

I have not heard from him since the email I posted in the other letter, and I hope all is well with him. I will have to write again to check on him. He has to be in his 70's or more to be able to have hunted in the woods in the 30's.

Guy

B

bach2yoga

BEHR655 said:
manumuskin said:
..... someone has put new plastic flowers....

So, I guess he is the one who left the plastic flowers that I found there.

What an interesting story! I had wondered that too...kind of like the Charles Wills grave and the can, and the angels at the Clarks Grave in the middle of nowhere...

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
He wrote me tonight and said he is going to be there. But he seemed to think that I was going to be there also, and I had told him before that it was a weekday and I had to work.

He seems like a really nice person, but he was asking me if he should call the rangers before we met to tell them about it so they can protect it. I told him that I felt it best that he not do that. I am not sure what he is going to do. I hope he does not get stuck back there with a week heart and have problems. I have tried to discourage much of this, but he continues on.

Steve, I am not sure if he is the flower person. He may be.

Guy

B

bach2yoga

bruset said:
I think the Charles Wills can is put there by the people who own the house at the Eagle Tavern site.

thanks, always wondered about it.

rpwoolford

Jun 10, 2004
Millville, NJ
Hi all.

This is my first time reading these posts and have to wonder a few things, maybe someone can help.

Who is this guy celebrating Louisa May? I am a descendant of the May family and have a couple Louisa's. Not sure which one could be buried out there. I'm not sure exactly where you are talking about, but I know where most of my Louisa's are buried and don't believe that any are buried outside the limits of a city/town.

Where are the clay graves?

Who is Charles Wills? Is the Eagle Tavern you are referring to in Port Elizabeth? If so, where is the cemetery that is on/near their property, besides the Methodist cemetery?

Robb

rpwoolford said:
Hi all.

This is my first time reading these posts and have to wonder a few things, maybe someone can help.

Who is this guy celebrating Louisa May? I am a descendant of the May family and have a couple Louisa's. Not sure which one could be buried out there. I'm not sure exactly where you are talking about, but I know where most of my Louisa's are buried and don't believe that any are buried outside the limits of a city/town.

Who is Charles Wills? Is the Eagle Tavern you are referring to in Port Elizabeth? If so, where is the cemetery that is on/near their property, besides the Methodist cemetery?

Robb

Hi Robb, welcome aboard.

The last name is not May, it is Atkerson.

I really don't know who Charles Will was but his grave is in the pines near the site of the former Eagle Tavern. The grave is maintained by someone but no one knows who.

Steve

B

bach2yoga

rpwoolford said:
Hi all.

Robb

Robb,
They are different "Eagles". Eagle Tavern is between Friendship and Speedwell. The Eagle Glass Works was, as you know in Port Elizabeth.

I have my info on Eagle Glass, I'll post it under a new post.

Renee