Climate change in Pine Barrens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Sorry inkms, are you a cardiac surgeon? Heart surgery is based on science and so is climate science. It's the perfect analogy because heart surgery is generally not in dispute.

Accepted science by AAAS, American Chemical Society, American Geophysical Society, American Medical Association, American Meterological Society, American Physical Society, Geological Society of America, US National Academy of Sciences, NASA, US Global Change Research Program, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change... I could go on.

I choose to believe this professor, and the effects on the Pine Barrens, and the world because global warming is settled science, accepted by 97% of climate scientists (according to NASA, but what do they know right?). Here is the NASA website, and a list of Worldwide Scientific Organizations that believe Climate Change is real. It's actually hard to believe that I am having this conversation with adults. Maybe you should talk to your kids or grandchildren and see what they tell you.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
....not once did I make an ad hominem argument about the authors of the article...

The topic at hand, the point of this thread, is Climate Change in The Pine Barrens. Why don't you contact Kenneth Able and tell him what your grandfather told you? If you are certain of your facts, I'm sure he'd like to hear it.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Sorry inkms, are you a cardiac surgeon? Heart surgery is based on science and so is climate science. It's the perfect analogy because heart surgery is generally not in dispute.

Accepted science by AAAS, American Chemical Society, American Geophysical Society, American Medical Association, American Meterological Society, American Physical Society, Geological Society of America, US National Academy of Sciences, NASA, US Global Change Research Program, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change... I could go on.

I choose to believe this professor, and the effects on the Pine Barrens, and the world because global warming is settled science, accepted by 97% of climate scientists (according to NASA, but what do they know right?). Here is the NASA website, and a list of Worldwide Scientific Organizations that believe Climate Change is real. It's actually hard to believe that I am having this conversation with adults. Maybe you should talk to your kids or grandchildren and see what they tell you.

Your responses get more sarcastic each time. Do you even know how the 97% figure of scientists accepting climate changes came about? Perhaps you should do some research and find out for yourself, it’s almost laughable. And you think all adults should just lap up one opinion, but if they believe otherwise and have scientific evidence supporting their beliefs, that they aren’t as enlightened as children? I won’t respond anymore, your sarcasm discredits your response anyhow. Believe what you want, neither of us will be here long enough to find out which side is right in the future.

HankG

Scout
Dec 14, 2019
where i am
The topic at hand, the point of this thread, is Climate Change in The Pine Barrens. Why don't you contact Kenneth Able and tell him what your grandfather told you? If you are certain of your facts, I'm sure he'd like to hear it.

Since you are evidently in contact with him, please feel free to relay the information....If you can't have a reasonable discussion about a "corduroy road"....then I can only imagine how a discussion with you on climate science would go........ Cheers!

RedBarren

Nov 14, 2007
I love this site. Although if I will be listed as a rookie with this post, I have been a member here since 2007. And a lurker long before that.
The tone of this thread started out to be combative, and in my opinion, not in the spirit of this website.
We are a brother/sister hood.
I love the op and his photos.
Slag heap please.

Status
Not open for further replies.