Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Not going to debate this with anybody, but would just like to point out that Ben has been very clear about his opinion. https://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/closed.13353/page-2#post-160023

And in a private conversation, he was also very clear that he didn't want anyone posting a link to a petition to open the parks. So, I'm not going to try to change anyone's mind, but just remember that this is Ben's site. We've been doing pretty well around here recently, I'd hate to see this end badly...

HankG

Scout
Dec 14, 2019
where i am
Closing down the entire state forest? absurd in the highest.....are people supposed to stay in doors until a vaccine is developed?

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
I've been in the Pines once per week in the past four weeks. I too only explore remote places. During my four weekday trips, I only saw 3 vehicles and one person, and that's when I was driving. Two of those trips were down Carranza Road and another two past miles past Friendship to the lower bog area. I didn't see anyone while exploring; which is the usual case. And; since I only visit the Pines on weekdays for the past 12 years, this is no difference. I have never even bumped into any members of this Site in the 12 years while exploring.

On my last trip on Monday, for the first time, I adventured in an area of the Batsto River upstream from Carranza Road. At this time of the year it's not the most picturesque place. But I did find a large pine tree. I was 7 1/2 feet in circumference. When viewing pictures, you just don't get the perspective how large this tree is. Here's a few Photos of the tree. On one of them is a 3 X 5 pad.

IMG_1541.JPG

IMG_1542.JPG

IMG_1543.JPG

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
I was getting tired of driving home from work, because I cannot work from home, and seeing it look like a mall parking lot at Black Run Preserve. I can appreciate getting out of the house but it seemed way too crowded there in the parking area. Evesham Twp police had to put up no parking signs to show people where not to park on Kettle Run.
I felt they should have closed the paths and not the roads. But i guess they would have a hard time discerning who is driving thru and who is stopping and walking around. Obviously people trying to get to WMA inside Wharton and other areas, may have a hard time justifying being there if it is not for hunting.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Not going to debate this with anybody, but would just like to point out that Ben has been very clear about his opinion. https://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/closed.13353/page-2#post-160023

And in a private conversation, he was also very clear that he didn't want anyone posting a link to a petition to open the parks. So, I'm not going to try to change anyone's mind, but just remember that this is Ben's site. We've been doing pretty well around here recently, I'd hate to see this end badly...
So if it was private why mention it in this thread?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
When I lived in NY near Lake Ontario, a neighbor had a big sign at the end of his driveway. It had the usual, "No Trespassing, Violators will be prosecuted". But he crossed out "violators" scrawled "survivors" in big letters to replace it. :D

Reactions: old jersey girl

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I work out of my house. When I don't have to work, I am now trapped in my house with my wife, who is a nurse, and my stepson, who works for a bank and was told to go home for 2 weeks because a co-worker may have been exposed. I share the same kitchen, bathrooms and air.

I am 66 and have asthma.I do however, run 3 or 4 days a week, and on the days I don't, I go into the woods, hike and take photographs.

The woods have fresh air and sunshine. I go to remote locations where I see no one.

Staying in my house is obviously, clearly, unsafe, and going into Lower Friendship by the Tulpehocken is completely safe.

See you in the woods.

Cool, so there's a good chance that you're infected and you're choosing to go out and possibly run into someone else and get them sick.

That's not selfish at all.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Can anyone honestly say they are staying inside 24-7 until this is over, I for one can not and doubt anyone else is either.

Nobody is saying that you have to stay inside 24-7. I see lots of people walking in my neighborhood. They're either couples or individuals and they don't clump up together. I do yard work, too.

But if you have a bunch of people that all want to go to the same state park there's a higher than normal chance of an interaction.

It's a pandemic. People are literally dying. Limit your time outside. It's not that hard.

Reactions: old jersey girl

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Nobody is saying that you have to stay inside 24-7. I see lots of people walking in my neighborhood. They're either couples or individuals and they don't clump up together. I do yard work, too.

But if you have a bunch of people that all want to go to the same state park there's a higher than normal chance of an interaction.

It's a pandemic. People are literally dying. Limit your time outside. It's not that hard.
I get that no one is saying to stay inside 24-7, figure of speech used as an example, but there is a chance of interaction no matter what you do. I get it, you feel that people going to the state park and hiking, walking or biking is a higher risk than the same people doing the same activities around their own neighborhoods or walking into Wal Mart or the grocery store for supplies. Truth is, people are going to do what they want, and the folks going back and forth here on the subject won't matter a damn bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.