Closing West Mill Road

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
I hate to revive this post that brings back very frustrating and disappointing memories, but I thought I would let others know that there is now a 24"+/- diameter pine dropped purposely across the entrance to West Mill Road at the edge of 206. I am thinking that it might be a temporary blockade for this weekend's WitchCraft Festival. I haven't been down there in a few weeks so I don't know when it was placed.

The tree will prevent errant wannabe witches from turning down the wrong road to access Paradise Lakes. Oh yeah, and along with the infamous locked gate, it will also block the general public from enjoying several thousand acres of public land. :mad:
It’s not the first time a large tree was dropped across that entrance. My blood boils every time I think about that situation. I was down Rockwood Road yesterday. It was completely dry and I easily made it to West Mill Road. The sand is very soft and deep though.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I hate to revive this post that brings back very frustrating and disappointing memories, but I thought I would let others know that there is now a 24"+/- diameter pine dropped purposely across the entrance to West Mill Road at the edge of 206. I am thinking that it might be a temporary blockade for this weekend's WitchCraft Festival. I haven't been down there in a few weeks so I don't know when it was placed.

The tree will prevent errant wannabe witches from turning down the wrong road to access Paradise Lakes. Oh yeah, and along with the infamous locked gate, it will also block the general public from enjoying several thousand acres of public land. :mad:
Why would they need to use roads when they have brooms?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It’s not the first time a large tree was dropped across that entrance. My blood boils every time I think about that situation. I was down Rockwood Road yesterday. It was completely dry and I easily made it to West Mill Road. The sand is very soft and deep though.
I was in a discussion in that on Facebook and I said the same thing. I don’t think too many there understood the fact people’s GPS tells them to go down the wrong road.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The road from the Bordentown Gun Club to Batons camp is really sandy right now. I was sure I was going to come upon someone stuck.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Ironic, because the whole premise of granting him the exclusive license to the road was that it's supposedly the main access to his business...
Even more ironic is that the actual access road was/is just a road cutting through State lands with no dedicated right-of-way. That may or may not have been addressed by now by way of an easement. Tax maps still show nothing.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-14 062103.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-14 062103.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: stiltzkin