Colliers Mills GPS charts Etrex question

dzurinkod

Dec 26, 2004
Bordentown N.J.
Just received an etrex legend for Christmas from my wife. I do a good bit of fishing at Colliers Mills and was interested in getting software similar to the package sold by Garmin. When I looked at their software today it looked like it only charted a few large bodies of water. Any ideas for the lakes at Colliers Mills?

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
No such luck. I just checked their "Fishing Hotspots" maps and it only shows the body of water, not any depth info.

Here's Success lake, for example.

Attachments

• garmin.jpg
    garmin.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 507

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
Colliers has soo much potential. I've heard rumors about so many rare animals there, and its VERY close to where i live--i just haven't had a chance to really explore it. Whats really great about Colliers is their maintainance of fields. Its most likely to facilitate the hunting there (since deer are an edge species), but it also provides living space for a great number of other species that depend on the ever-shrinking amount of field habitat in NJ. Its a great example of NJ actually managing the wildlife in a WMA.

Last spring I visited just after a controlled burn (which I assume is at least partially employed to counteract succession.
(check out the tire tracks in the charred ground)
normal_P3010080copy.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Boyd said:
In my browser it just says "I have no idea what this avatar is." Should I be seeing some sort of picture there?

You are having the same problem I did, and here is how to solve it. At the top of the page click on the "User Control Panel" and then click on "Edit Options" on the left side. Scroll down to the "Thread Display Options" section and make sure the "Show Signature, Show Avatar, and Show Images" boxes are checked. Then scroll to the bottom and save the changes. Now you should be able to see Ben's unusual but interesting Avatar, along with Bobbleton's with a toad on his nose, and others. :)

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Thanks, it works now. I have hundreds of little frogs like that around my house also! This year there were more than I've ever seen before, they somehow seem to breed in my basement although I can't figure out where they come from (it's a finished basement). Each morning I'd go downstairs and catch bunches of them, then relocated to my pond.

Happy New Year to everyone!