Congrats TeeGate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks Jim. I was watching the countdown and have something ready for it. Here is a photo from the Waybackmachine that show their first capture of Ben's site on September 23, 2002. Notice there are two members, one being Ben, and one me, along with a grand total of 4 posts.

On 10/5/2002 I had met Ben for the first time across from Bulltown Road at the entrance to Hermann City. It has been for the most part a great ride, with a few bumps along the way that we won't get into. I am proud to say I am a member of this site, and proud of all of our regular posters. You have enlightened me, corrected me, and many of you have been invaluable to me, and I appreciate all of your input. Mostly though I want to thank Ben for keeping the site alive for it is a big part of my life. I hope all of you feel the same.

waybackmachine.jpg

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Very cool Guy. Lets have a group hug.

Seriously, I count many people on this site good friends now, and you especially as one of my best friends, whom I never would have known without the efforts of Ben, who has stuck with it through thick and thin.

I started out on Barry's site, and moved to that other gents site, then to Ben's. But I forget when, and I think Ben had a different site at the time?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Very cool Guy. Lets have a group hug.

Seriously, I count many people on this site good friends now, ...

I too have made many true friends out beyond the keyboard through the site.
Through my outings with some of these people, I have found a group who loves the deep woods as much as I do and aren't afraid to get a little torn up and beat up along the way.

My 1,500 +/- posts pale in comparison but I hope to see my 10,000th post here someday too.

The eclectic mix of people we have here make this site what it is.
We have Jersey historians, botanists, musicians, off-roaders, artists, photographers, herpers, hunters, fishermen and women, biologists, foresters, computer gurus, redneck/hunter/surveyors, :), people that ought to be surveyors and a soft spoken, Pabst drinking, benevolent leader who keeps it all together and moving forward.

I love youzz man !!
:guinness:

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
The eclectic mix of people we have here make this site what it is.
We have Jersey historians, botanists, musicians, off-roaders, artists, photographers, herpers, hunters, fishermen and women, biologists, foresters, computer gurus, redneck/hunter/surveyors, :), people that ought to be surveyors and a soft spoken, Pabst drinking, benevolent leader who keeps it all together and moving forward.

Very nice, Scott!!!

Just a few weeks earlier on 10/5/2002 I had met Ben for the first time across from Bulltown Road at the entrance to Hermann City. We hit it off from the start and on 10/18/2002 I signed up just 5 days before this capture was taken.
Guy-
Sept ??? :confused:
BTW- Congrats and thanx (10k... awesome)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Very nice, Scott!!!

Guy-
Sept ??? :confused:
BTW- Congrats and thanx (10k... awesome)

There is a problem there for sure. I have my months wrong. Oh well, I will have to make some major changes. :bang:

EDIT: I believe I fixed it but I am totally confused as to why the dates conflict. That photo shows me a member but I still see the info from the software shows me signing up after that capture was taken.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Congratulations Guy. I will enjoy your 20,000th post just as much as all the others you have made over the years. Keep up the good work!

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Guy,
You're a good man, who has jumped on board with another good man to create community like no other I've seen in forum, chat, or any other venue. Aside from the occasional stray that comes on and causes controversy, there are some wonderful and informative folks here man and woman. You both welcome with open arms and moderate with open minds. Even the tyrant.
Congrats to you, your wonderful sharing, your articles, and your dignity in an online world full of persons of low character. I've met good folk, would like to meet more, and this is the place if you want to share like interests. Lawd knows a rogue stray like me needs a place to call home, and a place where people put up with my brand of lunacy. I'm honored to be a part of that and someone whom you would give an audience to. Keep doing what you're doing Guy, as a mentor, informer, sharer, and great father figure. Keep racking up posts! You rock, or you find rocks, or monuments, or stones or whatever the heck the darned things are.

g.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thank you everyone! I wish I could write as well and as witty as many of you.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
On the Wayback Machine I see my first article was from Aug 18, 2002. I guess that can be the official birthday of the site. 7 years old! Funny how the colors and forum names have pretty much stayed the same over the years.

I had a site before this one, I want to say it was sometime back in early 1998 or so. I was still in college at the time and was living in Long Branch. I had photographs from Friendship, Allaire, and a few other spots in the pines. Nothing major. The name of the site was "New Jersey Crossroads." It had far more of a WeirdNJ type bent than NJPB ever did. Here's the message on Barry's site announcing the birth of this one.

The 10/5/02 cleanup was the first outing for NJPB. Here's the announcement on Barry's site. That was the first time I met Guy, Jess, Renee, and Barry.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That was an exhausting day. I dragged many of the bags from along the river out to the road. Jessica helped as best she could but they were way too heavy for her.

Guy