Constable Bridge

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Has anyone used it recently, is it drivable?

1665501013493.png

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Was there 2 weeks ago and was dry. Looks like the FFS did some road work there this summer just up Batsto Fire Line Road a bit. Still very soft sand though

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I was thinking of driving there from Atsion, using "Railroad Ave" which becomes Batsto Fireline Road, then Atsion-Batsto Road. Has anyone traveled it recently?
I decided to not challenge this wet hole a couple weeks ago. I turned around. One of those situations where you say 'I might make this, but if I don't I have to bother other people to pull me out, and I'm in deep, and that is just not worth it". I was heading south.

1668919982184.png

• Wow
Reactions: TommyP

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I used to spend a lot of time in that area. In most years, it is impassable by the average 4WD truck from late October until May when the groundwater table rises.

I used to use my son's beater truck to hunt back there and was able to squeeze it through the go-arounds. The only saving grace was that most of the really bad spots, starting where Bob placed his circle, have a coarse white sand bottom. Deep water in some spots but I never wetted out.

Last edited:

TommyP

Explorer
Mar 30, 2022
Clementon
thomaspluck.substack.com
We made it around the washouts on Middle Road. There was one tricky squeeze go-around, but we made it in an Outback and two Subaru Crosstreks. It's fun going through washouts that are iced over. They crunch. But you need a metal hiking pole to test the depths...

Reactions: smoke_jumper