coyote caught on camera

Rubibee

Scout
Dec 10, 2002
Moorestown, NJ
Hubby went and bought one of those motion detection cameras and installed it near where he hunts. Amazing pictures. It caught several deer on film and even a .............COYOTE.

They are in my album here.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I assume his clock was set properly so it was 3:12AM. What time were the other animals there? Was it the same night?

Guy

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Wow. Very cool!! Where do you get one of those cameras? I have seen coyote on only two occasions. Not a common sight. Never seen a picture of one taken in the pine barrens (especially one with the Jersey Devil in the background). Neat!

Jeff

uuglypher

Explorer
Jun 8, 2005
Estelline, SD
It caught several deer on film and even a .............[b said:
COYOTE[/B].
They are in my album here.[/QUOTE

Great shots - memorable images. That pair of reflecting eyes in the background ... the dark body with forelegs ... and are those cloven hooves...?
In the second shot the 'yote is looking right at it!

Thanks,
Dave

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
That is some good stuff, never realized they were that big. Maybe the tracks I saw down in cumberland county were just big coyote tracks.

I always wanted to get one of those cameras but was afraid someone would steal them. And they are a little to expensive to have that happen.

uuglypher

Explorer
Jun 8, 2005
Estelline, SD
dragoncjo said:
That is some good stuff, never realized they were that big. Maybe the tracks I saw down in cumberland county were just big coyote tracks.

I always wanted to get one of those cameras but was afraid someone would steal them. And they are a little to expensive to have that happen.

For a 'yote to make prints the size you reported seeing, I figure it'd have to be about four foot high at the shoulders; maybe higher.

Dave

Rubibee

Scout
Dec 10, 2002
Moorestown, NJ
Yes, his clock was set for the right date and time. He's had the camera in for about 2 1/2 weeks for a couple days each, downloads the pics and then charges the battery a few time a week. They (the deer, racoons, mice, the 'yote and the glowing green eyed thing) were all there mostly during the various nights. He did happen to get some shots of the deer during the day.

He got his at the Army Navy store. 'Bout $100 + battery. :(

He's (99%) sure his area is pretty safe to have it being left out there for a couple nights.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Yeah I'm going to buy one for my backyard because I know red fox visit my yard but I've never actually seen one(seen scat and have seen them nearby). I would love to put some out in the pines to see what they could capture but at 100 bucks can't afford to have them stolen. Would be real cool to see what it takes pics of though.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
great pictures! thats a very large coyote. I have a scouting camera but I have not set it up yet. I can't wait until some one catches a bear on a scouting camera in the pines, it's only a matter of time, I hope the pictures would get posted here, maybe some one already has them. dragoncjo, the camera I have locks to the tree and can not be stolen unless the camera is broken, the it is useless, deercam is the brand. chris

Green orbs solved?

There seems to be a lot of discussion on Barry's site about the green "orbs" in Rubibee's 1st photo. It seems to me that they are merely a reflection of the coyote's eyes. In PaintShop Pro, I selected, copied and pasted the orbs onto the coyote's face. I did not re-size or de-form the selection. The "orbs" seem to be at the proper spacing to be the coyote's eyes. What do you all think?

47681031-M.jpg

Steve

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am not going to comment on what goes on on the other site; however, I wonder if Bee has second thoughts about posting them at all.

What you see is what you get, and your alteration adds to the proof. They are what they are!

Even though I would love to see any others her husband gets, I would hope they keep them for their own enjoyment.

Guy

TeeGate said:
I am not going to comment on what goes on on the other site; however, I wonder if Bee has second thoughts about posting them at all.

What you see is what you get, and your alteration adds to the proof. They are what they are!

Even though I would love to see any others her husband gets, I would hope they keep them for their own enjoyment.

Guy

I don't know why she would have second thoughts. They sparked a lot of discussion and discussion is good.

Steve