coyote caught on camera

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Judgeing from the original photo, I assumed they were two other coyotes in the background. In the original photo, the coyotes eyes were very bright, but in the background they seemed spaced too far apart for one animal. I figured each was a seperate animal-resembling one eye each 'cause of the brightness of the reflections.

Jeff

uuglypher

Explorer
Jun 8, 2005
Estelline, SD
woodjin said:
Judgeing from the original photo, I assumed they were two other coyotes in the background. In the original photo, the coyotes eyes were very bright, but in the background they seemed spaced too far apart for one animal. I figured each was a seperate animal-resembling one eye each 'cause of the brightness of the reflections.Jeff

Y'sure this isn't a re-play of the old campfire tale?

Mort and Clem, a couple o' ol' Idaho sheep herders, were sittin' 'round the campfire and occassionally they'd see reflected in the firelight a pair of coyote eyes. For a couple of nights they took to carefully shooting between the reflected eyes and in in the morning they'd find the coyotes they'd shot "nailed between the eyes". Then, for several nights, they shot at a particularly big 'yote (eyes wider apart than normal) but wondered why they consistently failed to kill him.

Then, one night, Clem finally shined his big flashlight at the "big one" and saw two 'yotes, side-by-side; the one on Clem's left had his right eye closed, and the one on the right had his left eye closed.

Dave

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Since it is apparent that what I was trying to say in a previous post was misunderstood, I will be slightly more specific.

Interesting photo's deserve respect, and Bev's photo's are interesting. They are raw photo's that obviously are NOT altered. If I posted a photo and it's validity or anything about it came into question, I would make sure I kept all other interesting photo's to myself. That's just how I personally feel about my photo's, right or wrong.

Guy

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
i looked a the photo and here is what i think.

the cameras exterior housing has a transparent cover on it (glass), maybe that glass refelected the coyotes' eyes back into the camera from the cameras lens ?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
onehand said:

the cameras exterior housing has a transparent cover on it (glass), maybe that glass refelected the coyotes' eyes back into the camera from the cameras lens ?

Sounds reasonable to me!

Guy

uuglypher

Explorer
Jun 8, 2005
Estelline, SD
onehand said:

I think onehand's got it nailed!

Dave

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
That is a great story Dave. The Mort and Clem story. Never heard that one. Must be a Dakota thing. One hands explaination makes sense. I'm still going to tell my nephews it is the Leeds Devil though.

Jeff

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
questioing the photo

I,m the guilty party! I was the one who question the photo posted on Barry's site. I saw someting in the photo I was not sure about and asked a simple question. It got blown out of portion on that site as well as here. I apologize if I am not as educated as most people here, afterall I am a Piney! People tend to read to much into a simple thing. It's a sorry site where people have to refrain from asking questions and participating out of fear of retribution.

suresue592003 said:
I,m the guilty party! I was the one who question the photo posted on Barry's site. I saw someting in the photo I was not sure about and asked a simple question. It got blown out of portion on that site as well as here. I apologize if I am not as educated as most people here, afterall I am a Piney! People tend to read to much into a simple thing. It's a sorry site where people have to refrain from asking questions and participating out of fear of retribution.

Guilty of what? There is nothing wrong asking questions.

Steve

foofoo

Explorer
Sep 14, 2003
walmart has the stealth cams for around 50$. i have 2 of them and are kinda cheap but have worked great. if your just wanting to give it a try i would look at that one. i use 400 speed kodak film and night shots come out great.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
foofoo said:
walmart has the stealth cams for around 50$. i have 2 of them and are kinda cheap but have worked great. if your just wanting to give it a try i would look at that one. i use 400 speed kodak film and night shots come out great.

Do you have any you could show us?

Guy