Coyotes

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
I did a quick overnight camping trip at Batona Camp Saturday. night. It was quiet with only 2 other campers. I was on site 10 & they were on 1 + 2 so I kinda had the place to myself. Not too long after dark, I could hear a pack of coyotes howling from the north. At around 2 am, the pack's howls were answered by a yipping that sounded like it was only 20' from me! There wasn't much sleep to be had as I laid in amazement at the chorus. It's been 20+ years since I've "wild" camped & I realized how much I missed it!
I'll surely be going back. I highly recommend one spend the night outside just to marvel at nature's sounds.

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Camping in a hammock in Vermont in two weeks. Intentionally picked a site near others so I wouldn't be animal bait. First in a long while my camping isn't inside a camper LoL.

Reactions: mowergod

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
They light up across the street from my house quite a bit. It's fascinating to watch the primal reaction of my own dog to those yips and howls. He gets very attentive and usually starts to howl back.

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Funny thing was, I was camping from my dual sport motorcycle. I didn't have my Jeep to "hide" in, but I had no feat, just amazement