Cranberry Fest and Batsto Country Living Fair

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It is just for the kids....

Not really. The Country Living Fair is directed more towards adults, although kids of all ages should enjoy it :)

A pic from last years fair.

2958247062_e7e2f8fa39.jpg

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Drove through on the way to Apple Pie Hill and then hit up the Hedger House. Looked a little too wet for me and this was around 2 or 3 pm. There were quite a few people even with the weather the way it was, but nothing like the previous years.

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
I wanted to go out to Batsto on Sunday but the weather was awful and with crowds I could not bring my pooches (one growls allot). I headed out there today and shot some video of the river and falls. A moment of zen... Enjoy.

Batsto River

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I am never one to tire of Batsto, or it's currently fearless guardian yet elegant hostess. The kids and I had the day to ourselves, we needed to get out and we did go. I thought heck, maybe, maybe, someone had come out or something. A little chat with a lovely lady in the office never hurt, and a chance meeting with a Baron of the Pines to top it off was nice. I wanted to see the glass chain and the kids thought it was cool as well. We did no harm in taking a short walk to the nature center, a peek over the dam, a glimpse in the Mill. All good things. Sammy is working on a project in school on Coopersmithing so where better to find some fine barrels for picture taking but a Grist Mill? All in, an hour spent. What could be bad? The joint never bores me and I can't put a note to how many times I've been there and taken others much to their pleasure.

g.

BroomCollector

Oct 18, 2009
Where is Apple Pie Hill and the Hedger House? I've never been there. I've been to the Batsto Village Countless times but, never heard of the 2 places you mentioned. Are they far from the Village?

BroomCollector

Oct 18, 2009
I'm still thinking about taking the 2 Grandbabies to the event on October 25th. Over the weekend I caught a nasty bug. So, I'll have to see how I feel.

BroomCollector

Oct 18, 2009
Yes, I was talking about the Halloween Event. The Country Fair I wouldn't have attempted to bring them. One baby is 2 the other is 1. They would get tired of being pushed around in the stroller. They're at the age they want to run around. I generally go every year and buy a couple of homemade brooms from Sam Moyer. His brooms are beautiful.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Tastefully put once again, Master Largo. I, too, made the trip to see the glass chain and chat with our "elegant hostess" (in between phone calls :)). An unexpected pleasure to meet you and the children there. Also, meeting Broke Jeep Joe was nice. A good day despite the weather. My only disappointment was seeing the deep, muddy ruts in the grass, surrounding the Batsto sign on rte#542.

John-

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
It's always good to put names to faces, which I need to do more of when it comes to this site! It was nice meeting and talking to John, although I failed to introduce my youngest to him as she was absorbed in reading some history, her name is Maranda, my apologies John. She is also doing a project on Coppersmithing and was in the midst of building her diorama when we took the ride to Batsto for the fair and so I could show and explain to her what a "bellows" was and what it was used for. I too noticed and was quite disappointed at someones passtime of cutting ruts in the grass.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The ruts were there Saturday morning when I was at Batsto.

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
It's always good to put names to faces, which I need to do more of when it comes to this site! It was nice meeting and talking to John, although I failed to introduce my youngest to him as she was absorbed in reading some history, her name is Maranda, my apologies John. She is also doing a project on Coppersmithing and was in the midst of building her diorama when we took the ride to Batsto for the fair and so I could show and explain to her what a "bellows" was and what it was used for. I too noticed and was quite disappointed at someones passtime of cutting ruts in the grass.

Joe,
Sad I missed you. My boy Sam's project is Coopersmithing (barrel maker)
We got some nice barrel shots out of our visit and he could really see the workmanship in very.. old barrels. Just the same, your chillun' and mine both benefitted from the visit. The ruts, yeah that really ticked me off. What's up with that?
Look for me at the cleanup. Hope to meet you. I'm pretty easy to spot in a sea of Jeepers.

g.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
George,

Looks like a reading error on my part! Coopersmithing and Coppersmithing appear very close to my 1/2 blind self! Good luck to Sam on his project! Hopefully we can meet up at the clean up!

Joe