Crikey!!!

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Heard that this morning, its is ashame. But you mess around with dangerous animals too much it is going to bite you in the ass eventually. I sometimes question irwins way in which he interacts with animals, but I have to give him credit in that he raised alot of money and awareness to wildlife.

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
The bizarre thing is that he was killed by an animal that usually only kills people who have extremely bad allergic reactions. He just had the unbelievable misfortune to get literally stabbed in the heart by its tail. What a way to go after handling countless poisonous snakes, huge crocodiles, etc...

NIGHT CRAWLER

Sep 5, 2006
It is a real shame that someone with such fervor for the preservation of wildlife has met such a sad end.Especially since he had young ones who were to learn from him and keep up the preservation effort.Sad news.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
One thing i can say about this is alot of times when someone is taken so suddenly like this it inspires people to take up his legacy. I just feel bad for his kids, and the organizations he was helping, hopefully they have able people to take his place.

snakehunter7

Scout
Apr 6, 2006
MIllville
he was my hero, ive seen every show hes made, i never worried about him being killed by a croc, or probably even a snake, the last thing i would have though is a sting ray, the world is worse off without him, he was an asset to anything to do with wildlife or being a father and husband, and i think Terrie and his children will make him proud. Austalia zoo will live on as well as his legacy.

R.I.P (the worlds greatest herpetologist and conservationist)

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
R.I.P. Steve Irwin , that dude was amazing

On my honeymoon in 2002 I snorkeled through school of stingrays, didn't think anything of it. it was in Cozumel. Trully a freak accident.

snakehunter7

Scout
Apr 6, 2006
MIllville
very tragic indeed, but he knew what he was getting into every time he did his work, for that hes courageous, and im sure all he would say about this whole situation is that the ray was just protecting itself, unfortunatly too well, he said about a year ago, maybe two "if i was to go, i would want to be remembered as a conservationist and for my enthusiasm" or something to that effect, i love all reptiles and actually all animals after watching steve, he made me want to be a herpetologist, and i planned on working with steve in australia zoo, my dream, obviously i cant, but in a way i still can, cause he left his mark with wes, and bindi, and terri, and i still wanna work there to help maintain what hes made, but i cant help feeling so bad for his poor family, terri has to tell her kids, especially bindi who is eight, that he dad that she loved so much is never coming back home, he may never be coming back home but well never forget who the CROCODILE HUNTER was.