Crystal Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
Was out in Manchester yesterday back by Wrangle Brook. Decided, I would just take a quick ride over to Crystal Lake to show my kids what is there. I was a little skeptical of going because I know Manchester Police go there quite often and I did not want a trespassing ticket. When I came out of the trail there must have been over a hundred people randomly hanging out along the banks with tents set up. There were cars, yes cars everywhere. People were in the water, there was a jet-ski going, and a few quads. Unfortunately there were piles of garbage everywhere. Not randomly thrown about but in piles (I guess were people camped). It seemed the cars were coming from in thru Bone Hill Rd. These people did not seem local ,the cars were Infinity's, Mercedes and some high end SUVs. Even my kids remarked they were not wood vehicles. Are the Manchester police not enforcing because of Co-vid or do they just patrol the front half and entrance up by the buildings? The entrance to Bone Hill Rd is right by the Manchester Police Station.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
The police won't enforce unless they're called is my guess. But a jet ski? That's awful. There is literally no outlet, and the water is clear because it's clean ground water fed.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Being a cop is a tough job. I was briefly married to a County Investigator. She went to Sea Girt for 8 weeks, had power of arrest and carried a (Glock? can't remember). We had a verbal dustup one morning, I took a shower to cool off, and she got my attention when I heard her slapping the ammo clip into the 9mm.

She used to say the worst thing about the job was everyone they interviewed lied about everything. Showed me autopsy pictures of a kid from AC, stabbed through the heart with a butcher knife. Convicted, the perp spent only 3 years in jail on manslaughter. Tragic in all respects.

She also told me a story about two cops who terrorized a bar in the city one night by getting drunk and essentially taking over the bar. And the three cops who pulled a prostitute off the streets and raped her. I believe they were convicted.

Institutional racism is real and it's time to change.

Being a cop is a tough job. I was briefly married to a County Investigator. She went to Sea Girt for 8 weeks, had power of arrest and carried a (Glock? can't remember). We had a verbal dustup one morning, I took a shower to cool off, and she got my attention when I heard her slapping the ammo clip into the 9mm.

She used to say the worst thing about the job was everyone they interviewed lied about everything. Showed me autopsy pictures of a kid from AC, stabbed through the heart with a butcher knife. Convicted, the perp spent only 3 years in jail on manslaughter. Tragic in all respects.

She also told me a story about two cops who terrorized a bar in the city one night by getting drunk and essentially taking over the bar. And the three cops who pulled a prostitute off the streets and raped her. I believe they were convicted.

Jon is correct. And lets let cops do law enforcement, not a variety of tasks they are not trained for.

In the past I have worked with police, prosecutor's investigators, and the Atlantic County Medical examiner. Any cop will tell you that yes, everybody lies/misinterprets what they see. And none of the people I worked with wanted to do social work, mental health counseling, babysitting, or be held responsible for societal mistakes.
Redefining what we realistically want police to do is a goal most good cops share.

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway

Can you define institutional racism for us?

Reactions: manumuskin

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Did we really have to bring politics into it? There are a million other places that have already been turned into a shithole because of it, can we maybe leave my website out of it?

Manchester PD will come if someone calls when they see someone coming in from Bone Hill Rd. I've also seen police hanging out at the main entrance on 70. They also had cops on quads nabbing ATVers.

Reactions: OctoberRust1313

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Not speaking for Jon, but I had to look that one up for myself :)

Institutional racism (also known as systemic racism) is a form of racism that is embedded as normal practice within society or an organization. It can lead to such issues as discrimination in criminal justice, employment, housing, health care, political power and education, among other issues

DgTTKut.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.