Dead body near Chew Road

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica and I have been wandering around in the Chew Road area the past few weeks, and tonight my wife saw this article. Sorry I don't have a link or even where it was from, but I believe it was also in todays Courier Post.

Guy

Officials seek to identify man found dead in Pinelands

WATERFORD - Authorities are seeking the identity of a man whose stabbed body was discovered Sunday in the Pinelands.

Off-road motorcyclists discovered the body about 1 p.m. as they rode through a portion of Wharton State Forest in Waterford. The body was found near a dirt path about a mile from the 1600 block of Chew Road.

Ian Hood, assistant Camden County medical examiner, ruled the death a homicide and estimated that the victim, who had multiple wounds to the upper body, had been dead one to four weeks. The victim, believed to be of Mexican descent, was between 20 and 30 years old, 5-foot-6, and 165 pounds. He was wearing jeans, sneakers and a jacket.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Homicide Unit of the Camden County Prosecutor's Office at 856-225-8400.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I live in Pestletown about 3\4 mile as the crow flies (or should I say buzzard) from where the body was found.
I have lived there since 1984 and that's probably the third or fourth body found off of or along Chew road in that time period.
Our most famous body dumping was performed by murderer/cannibal Gary Heidnik. He signed a woman out of nearby Ancora Psychiatric Hospital and then killed her and dumped her only 50' off the road in the area where the body was found on Sunday.
The locals call the spot Heidnik's Hollow.
About 5 years ago two women killed and dumped one of their boyfriends body in the bogs at Parkdale. He had been in jail for beating his girlfriend and she bailed him out as if to make up with him.
He got a one way abandoned bog tour instead.She did by him coffee at a Wawa first, from what I remember reading.Nice.
She also failed to consult the game laws first and shot the guy right at at the bog and dumped the body during deer season and hunters heard the ruckus and called police they were caught the same day.
It seems like the most common mistake people make is dumping bodies too close to the road. I would recommend at least a 300 yard drag from the nearest road.

Ahh, the lore of the pines!
Scott

B

bach2yoga

RednekF350 said:
Ahh, the lore of the pines!
Scott

That's one way of putting it! :|
I wouldn't want to be the person to find something like that. Imagine if I had the kids with me, how that would affect them! They would probably never go in the woods again.
Man...sick people. Hard to understand just what drives some people to do things like that. Guess I'm just too naive sometimes, I don't know.
Renee

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BEHR655 said:
I saw that in the Courier. Pretty scarey thought to have been in that area recently. I bet you're glad you didn't find him.

Steve

One of the places we visited there, had body parts of dolls laying around, and Jessica was bothered by that. Then we came home and read the article :)

Guy

B

bach2yoga

TeeGate said:
One of the places we visited there, had body parts of dolls laying around, and Jessica was bothered by that.

I don't blame her. That's just sick.

Renee

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
Body found on Chew Road

I know this has been awhile ago, but I just joined up here. I didn't hear anything about the body being found. With all of us always going in the woods, its a wonder more bodies haven't been found. The pines have been a dumping ground for years for bodies. From the mafia to the locals it is a prime area for that use. I remember back in the 80s here in Nesco, the old Silly Gator Bar being dug up by a backhoe. It was on the news. I was at work watching it when it all went down. Someone got a tip that Hoffa was buried there. It must have come from a good source, since it was on the news and the ground was actually being dug up. Nothing was ever found though.
Local story has it, that Hoffa was cut up and flushed through their system.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Sam Siligato, the owner of the Silly Gator, was just recently charged with having a large building torched to collect the insurance money .It involved some elaborate scheme, the details of which I can't recall. There was an article about it in the AC Press about 8 weeks ago.
When they dug up the perimeter of the foundation of the Silly Gator years ago they weren't looking for Hoffa. There were looking for some of Siligato's "aquaintances" that had not been seen for awhile.
Nothing was found. The bar on 542 in Pleasant Mills was converted back to a house not long after that.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I wonder why they always think that these people would bury the bodies on their property? Doing that seems to me would increase your risks of being caught.

Guy

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I forgot something else.
The Camden County Prosecutor's office found the killlers of the man found in March on Chew Road.
Two Mexican brothers from a trailer park on Williamstown Rd. in Winslow were arrested in April for the stabbing murder.
They killed him in the woods right where he laid on Jan 26, 2004 according to the police. He didn't decompose too fast because of our unusually cold winter this year.
He left alot of blood scent behind because my dog went nuts when I took him back to the spot back in March to snoop around.
As I said in my post back in March, it seems like every body dumper makes the same mistake of dumping stiffs too close to a road. Will they ever learn?
This guy was 40 yards off of a main dirt road and dead center in a plow line.
The South Jersey Enduro Riders that found him were setting up for the Curly Fern Enduro and were using the plow line in their course.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks for the info. I will add this info to my photo's of the area.

Guy

ZZ3GMC

Scout
Sep 19, 2003
Pemberton
Visit site
I dont know them personally but I do know alot of the SJER crew. My girlfriend and I are usually out riding in the pines every weekend that we dont have a race to go to. In the 20 or so years that I have been riding out there, I think Ive only been stopped once. Only because the ranger couldnt see my plate, which was mounted on top of the rear fender. I run into them just about every weekend and they just smile and wave! Of course our bikes are properly registered, insured and we conduct ourselves in a responsible manner.

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
Rednek, thanks for the info on Silly Gator. You are the only person I know who has ever known anything about the situation. Everyone else I told it about, thought I was crazy. I wonder where this Siligato guy lives?? Maybe I'am better off not knowing huh, LOL...............Suresue.............