Dead clothes dryer

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Thanks, but no worries. I am thinking it was probably a Mossberg with a c-lect choke.

Here it is 46er. Most likely it was made by High Standard for Sears. Some info I found said H&R made it but I think High Standard was more likely.
This gun is interesting in that is a tube fed magazine bolt that "...loads underneath like an expensive model." :)
Most bolts have a detachable box mag.
IMG_2971.JPG

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
This gun is interesting in that is a tube fed magazine bolt that "...loads underneath like an expensive model." :)
Most bolts have a detachable box mag.

Thanks! That is it, took my first Pheasant and Goose with it. The Goose almost took my head off when it fell out of the sky. :eek:

Reactions: RednekF350

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Thanks! That is it, took my first Pheasant and Goose with it. The Goose almost took my head off when it fell out of the sky. :eek:
Never owned a bolt action shotgun until last year when I bought a rifled Savage 220. It is really a rifle that just happens to shoot shotgun shells. 1" groups at a 100 yds. with Remington Accutips and it hurls a 260 gr. saboted slug out of the muzzle at 1900f.p.s..

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It is really a rifle that just happens to shoot shotgun shells.

I never did understand how they make the distinction between a rifle cartridge and a shotgun slug. Both are single projectiles fired from a cartridge using a primer and powder. One happens to be metal, the other metal and plastic. My .44 mag Carbine 240 gr is around 1700fps at the muzzle.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp

Its the double trigger model. I used to have a bad habit of putting my index finger on the front trigger and resting my middle finger on the back trigger, if I lit off the front one the trigger travel would push my other finger back and light off the second one at the same time. That was an eye opener! especially with 2 00's in it! its so lightweight that its like getting hit in the shoulder with a sledge hammer! I see the name High Standard mentioned a few times in this thread. I also have a high standard model B .22 pistol that is insanely accurate. In my younger years I could keep all 7 shots inside the 10 ring at 75, not so steady or even try to see that far with open sights anymore!

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I also have a high standard model B .22 pistol that is insanely accurate. In my younger years I could keep all 7 shots inside the 10 ring at 75, not so steady or even try to see that far with open sights anymore!

Many people aren't familiar with High Standard Joe. They made amazing target pistols and won Olympic competitions in the 1950's and 60's.
My first shotgun when I was 10 was an H&R Topper 12 ga. When I was 12 I was give a High Standard Flite-King Deluxe 12 ga. pump for Christmas. I used that gun for everything but duck until I was in my late twenties. It was 28" modified choke and I would borrow my Father's JC Higgins auto which was a 30" full for duck. My oldest son used the Flite-KIng for a few years for deer hunting and I still own it.
A very well made gun and I hope that my grandson will be shooting it some day.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Many people aren't familiar with High Standard Joe. They made amazing target pistols and won Olympic competitions in the 1950's and 60's.
My first shotgun when I was 10 was an H&R Topper 12 ga. When I was 12 I was give a High Standard Flite-King Deluxe 12 ga. pump for Christmas. I used that gun for everything but duck until I was in my late twenties. It was 28" modified choke and I would borrow my Father's JC Higgins auto which was a 30" full for duck. My oldest son used the Flite-KIng for a few years for deer hunting and I still own it.
A very well made gun and I hope that my grandson will be shooting it some day.

I am aware of the Olympic connection and High Standard, didn't think anyone else would be! The H&R single was my first shotgun also, when I was 12. As I kid I was upset that I only got one shot, until my Uncle John taught me you should only need one! My first and current pump gun is an Ithaca model 37 Featherlite, which I bought used when I was 18 for duck hunting. It came with a 30" full, but I now have a few barrels for it including a 28" slugger. I bought it because I'm a left handed shooter and it ejects from the bottom, so no need to move to rack it and no risk of a hot shell in the eye!! I also own a Savage/Stevens .22 pump with a external hammer which I don't shoot much anymore, it was my grandfathers.

Amen to info on line. When my dryer drive-belt broke I researched it online, bought repair kit at local appliance parts store, installed new belt. A pain but beats a $150.00 service call.
About clothes clothes washers, dryers; Speed Queen, made in Wisconsin by Alliance. Same manufacturer as commercial machines. What we bought five years ago after lots of research.

They still make a basic machine with analog controls, just a few cycle choices.
Consumer Reports doesn't review them anymore because they are not energy efficient.
LOL. The newer washers have control boards that are vulnerable to voltage surges, cost over a hundred to replace, and take too long for a complete wash cycle.
They are efficient because they use less water. But if you interrupt the cycle, they empty and refill!
The newer digital washers without a central agitator are also reported to twist clothes into knots and fail to clean as well as the older design.
When the timing module on my Speed Queen failed last year, I called their tech support line in Wisconsin, and the tech sent me a new timer at no charge. The washer has a stainless steel tub and 5 year warranty on the direct drive motor.
Also has the government-mandated stupid lid lock and water level limit which are easy to bypass.

As for dryers the basic difference in efficiency is whether fueled by electricity or gas. Why I have a clotheline.

BTW, I am a certified residential energy auditor. A device which is "energy efficient" by government mandate often gets labeled that way because you "can't fix stupid" !