Deer Hound?

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Went for a ride today with my dog, Diamond, riding shotgun. Out to Whitesbogs, down to Buckingham, through Wheatland and ending at the Parker Preserve. It was a rainy and overcast day, not a very good day for photos. Only one turned out good enough to share, and it's is my new desktop!

John-

Attachments

• Deer Hound.jpg
    Deer Hound.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 256

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice one! Bob's dog Buddy flips when he sees deer along the road. He tries his best to get at them. :)

Guy

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
Nice pic there, John!! My dog hasn't seen a deer yet, but she did see her first cow and her calf last year. That was an experience all in itself!! Quite amusing to say the least. I can't wait for my schedule to settle down so I can get my dog back to the pines for a few hours someday.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Went for a ride today with my dog, Diamond, riding shotgun. Out to Whitesbogs, down to Buckingham, through Wheatland and ending at the Parker Preserve. It was a rainy and overcast day, not a very good day for photos. Only one turned out good enough to share, and it's is my new desktop!

John-

Nice shot. A Brit?

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run

Diamond is a 4 yr old Brittany with energy to spare and just loves to run. She locks up pretty tight on birds. (Even some I don't want her to). :argh: She'd seen deer before, but had never been this close, and wasn't sure weather to point at it or chase it! :confused: Watching her reaction was priceless.

Thanx for viewing,
John-

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Diamond is a 4 yr old Brittany with energy to spare and just loves to run. She locks up pretty tight on birds. (Even some I don't want her to). :argh: She'd seen deer before, but had never been this close, and wasn't sure weather to point at it or chase it! :confused: Watching her reaction was priceless.

Thanx for viewing,
John-

I've owned quite a few Brits over the years, used to breed and train them. Have a 10 year old male, Cody, that loves the Quail woods. :D FYI, the state started, this past week, putting out the annual training allotment of Quail at selected WMA's.

medium.jpg