Delaware & Atlantic Canal ???

jmaul

Dec 11, 2007
Looking over a map stamped by the USGS in 1887 "Exhibiting the Post Offices, Post Roads, Canals, Rail Roads, & c.". No mention of an actual date prepared. Interesting map...not sure if others have come across it. One obvious thing on it is the placement of a Delaware & Atlantic Canal. Anyone know the story behind this???

attachment.php

Attachments

• D&E Canal.JPG
    D&E Canal.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 319

jmaul

Dec 11, 2007
Stupid me, should have searched first. Thanks for the thread link pinelandpaddler....

Enoch

Scout
Apr 15, 2007
Camden County, NJ
Stupid me, should have searched first. Thanks for the thread link pinelandpaddler....

It's funny, every time I think I might have a question for this forum, I search a little harder and find someone has already answered my question...Probably why I've only managed a few posts.

ICANOE2

Explorer
Sep 30, 2007
Browns Mills
Stupid me, should have searched first.....
Next time to cover your a$$ try starting the thread with: After an doing exhaustive forum search I could not find any info on.........J/K:D

You may want to take a look at this...Posting and you
Every forum should have a link to this video.
It's funny but oh so true..........Mike

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Next time to cover your a$$ try starting the thread with: After an doing exhaustive forum search I could not find any info on.........J/K:D

You may want to take a look at this...Posting and you
Every forum should have a link to this video.
It's funny but oh so true..........Mike

I hate forums that have people that only say "you should have searched first." I don't want this place to get like that.

That said, people should still search before they post. But if they don't get any hits, or the search returns things that aren't relevant to what they need, they shouldn't be jumped on by other people.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
Ben, I post on a few other forums that generate that response too, and it always rubs me the wrong way. A public forum isn't just for old timers. It's for newbies too, and an old topic being dusted off can generate new dialogue and benefit everyone.

ICANOE2

Explorer
Sep 30, 2007
Browns Mills
I hate forums that have people that only say "you should have searched first." I don't want this place to get like that.

That said, people should still search before they post. But if they don't get any hits, or the search returns things that aren't relevant to what they need, they shouldn't be jumped on by other people.
My post wasn't ment to ridicule, it was just for fun.:) If you noticed the J/K :D?
I had a pretty good laugh the first time I saw that video I posted.

jmaul,
Sorry I forgot to add on my first post good job on getting the map picture to appear. There are many forum posters (not just in this one) where people posting cannot get a picture to appear in a thread.
The first forum that I joined it took me several months to figure out how to post a pic............Mike