Denali is Now!

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Well not every issue needs to be taken to the extreme of how "awful" Obama is and how dare he use one of his powers that he's allowed to as president.

I'd prefer if partisan fighting of that kind stay in the comments section of people's favorite newspaper websites.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I dunno Ben, I think the responses were completely predictable and just echo the political controversy that was already brewing. When you start a thread on this kind of topic and say "I like this decision", this is what you get.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
The thread was about renaming the mountain, which could have been fully discussed without going into a whole political diatribe.

I don't want this site to turn into a conservative vs. liberal arguing cesspit which it has veered towards many times.

Reactions: jburd641

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I dunno Ben, I think the responses were completely predictable and just echo the political controversy that was already brewing. When you start a thread on this kind of topic and say "I like this decision", this is what you get.

I agree Boyd.
Given the title of the thread and Bob's impish, cheerful but inciteful little dig, "I like this decision. Give me a shout if you do too", I was surprised it took as long as it did to slip this precipitously close to the Slag Heap.
:)

Reactions: bobpbx

Arey

Scout
Oct 17, 2007
Atl. Co. near the ocean
As long as mountains are being renamed what about Mt. Everest being named after a a 19th century British imperialist. It should be given back its original name which in Nepal is Sagarmāthā and in Tibet is Chomolungma. To avoid strife the name will have to be hyphenated as Sagamartha-Chomolunga or Chomolunga-Sagamartha depending on which side of the mountain you're looking at.

The world is filled with mountains being named after people, and nobody even knows who they were or care. Mt. Whitney is named after a 19th century California geologist, who would have long faded into obscurity were it not for having a very tall mountain named after him. I say, lets rename the mountain to Mt. Millard Fillmore
who at least was a U.S. president even if as obscure Josiah Whitney.