Directions Please!

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Hi you west jersey guys. My daughter works on White Horse Road in Voorhees. She wants to come back home to me in Bamber by avoiding the daily snarl from the 73 overpass to any point east of the 70/Stokes Road junction. There she'll get back on 70 and head east. This is what I told her. Is it acceptable?

--North on White Horse Road
--Right on Evesham / ClementsBridge Road
--Cross 73 onto Marlton Parkway (becomes Tauton Lake Road)
--Left on Tauton Blvd.
--Right fork onto Himmelein
--Right onto Stokes
--Left onto Dixontown
--Left onto Fairview / Skeet (?)
--Right onto 70.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
During rush hour I would avoid crossing 73 onto Marlton Pkwy. Halfway to 73 turn right on Kresson Rd. cross 73 toBraddock Mill Rd. and go lefton Tomlinson Mill Rd. and then right onTaunton Lake Rd.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I lived in Medford near that route for many years and drove through many of those areas regularly. One of the reasons I left was the traffic! I would avoid that whole Stokes-Himmelein-Dixontown-Skeet area completely at rush hour personally. And I also agree with Oji. Basically, you can't get there from here. ;)

I might be tempted to use a route over Cooper to Jackson Rd, continuing on Oakshade and crossing 206 at some point. Would be farther but probably not take any longer, and even if it did, it would be a nicer drive IMO. But I almost always go a roundabout way to my destination. :D

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
One thing I have learned is that I don't live anywhere near you, and I live fairly close to White Horse Road where she works. I suspect if she strays from the route she presently is taking she will be later getting home. It is the most direct route in my mind. I have other ways I would go but I would not recommend them especially when all she wants to do is get home as fast as possible.

Guy

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Your route is balls on Bob.
Oji's route might save some sitting time but it might it be a wash with the small added distance.
I am very familiar with but don't frequent that area so I can't comment on the rush hour volume through Medford.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Take this for what it's worth and with all due respect, but if it was my daughter, I'd want her to take the most populated and direct route back to me, rather that dealing with side/back road, twists and turns, etc. Twenty-five years ago or so, my suggestion would be different, however.................................