Do you believe in aliens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
I admit I do. Knowing the variety of stars in the galaxy, and the universe, can lead to many combinations of life, some intelligent, out there.
Often the media paints the aliens, especially the greys, in a bad light.
The greys intrigue me, you certainly cant get their eyes out of your head.
Their "experiments" on humans may seem horrible, but take a look at what humans do to other species, "abducting" wildlife, performing tests, and in some cases implanting tracking devices.
I wonder if the greys have visited the pine barrens or not. But I do believe they are of superior intelligence and mean no harm, they're only trying to learn about humans very much the same way we mean to learn about other species.
Has anyone here ever had an other-wordly experience? I have not met with any greys, but I did see a UFO when I was younger out in the pines of Suffolk. It was round with colored lights on the bottom and rotated. Made no sound but darted across the sky.

grayeyes2.jpg

TrailOtter

Explorer
Nov 24, 2007
I for one say there has to be something (or someone?) out there..to quote George Carlin:

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

:D

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
I don't see how we could be the only life anywhere, but at the same time I'm not so sure big black-eyed things like to abduct Midwest hicks and put things in their butts every now and then.

One of my favorite Calvin & Hobbes quotes - “Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I don't see how we could be the only life anywhere, but at the same time I'm not so sure big black-eyed things like to abduct Midwest hicks and put things in their butts every now and then.

One of my favorite Calvin & Hobbes quotes - “Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”

So true! We think alike on this subject.

Guy

Aaron

Explorer
Jul 29, 2007
Just reading some of the replies in other threads makes me pray for inteligent life somewhere in the universe....I kid of course.

I think it would be rather egotistical of us to think that we are the only planet in the vast universe that has life on it. I believe that there are most likely aliens through out the universe. Probably different levels of evolution, id imagine we are either somewhere in the middle of the evolution process or somewhere relativley close to the begining.

Aliens sure, even bigfoot and chupacabre i try and keep an open mind to the unknown.

VeronicaM

Feb 3, 2008
Well LIPiney, from the great conversations we've been having you know my feelings about aliens. You and I know the truth, and to any naysayers, well they just don't about it and how they can communicate with us like plants can. You know like you were saying about the pines talking to you. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't understand.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
The odds of there being other intelligent races in the universe _right now_ are pretty close to zero, in my opinion. On the other hand the odds that there were at some point other intelligences, or that there will be in the future, are pretty high. But then the odds that it will ever matter to us as a species are back to zero again :).

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I admit I do. Knowing the variety of stars in the galaxy, and the universe, can lead to many combinations of life, some intelligent, out there.
Often the media paints the aliens, especially the greys, in a bad light.
The greys intrigue me, you certainly cant get their eyes out of your head.
Their "experiments" on humans may seem horrible, but take a look at what humans do to other species, "abducting" wildlife, performing tests, and in some cases implanting tracking devices.
I wonder if the greys have visited the pine barrens or not. But I do believe they are of superior intelligence and mean no harm, they're only trying to learn about humans very much the same way we mean to learn about other species.
Has anyone here ever had an other-wordly experience? I have not met with any greys, but I did see a UFO when I was younger out in the pines of Suffolk. It was round with colored lights on the bottom and rotated. Made no sound but darted across the sky.

grayeyes2.jpg

What are greys? Are they a type of alien not to be confused with some other type?

Jeff

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Well LIPiney, from the great conversations we've been having you know my feelings about aliens. You and I know the truth, and to any naysayers, well they just don't about it and how they can communicate with us like plants can. You know like you were saying about the pines talking to you. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't understand.

I know. Just another short-coming of the human race. Most are so ego-centric to think they are the only intelligent life forms in the universe.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Just saw on TV a case involving a "sampling"* and sightings in NJ. Even the FAA reported unusual "aircraft" in the skies that were going from 700mph down to 20-30mph in a matter of seconds, no human could take that.
*code word for abduction
Sounds like my grey friends are the culprit. Now if only they could abduct all the developers and dump them in a black hole so all the woods are preserved.:)

Humans who have these encounters always describe those eyes.
Greys.gif

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Why do they use a code word instead of just saying abduction? Is it because of all the negitive press alien abducties receive?

I don't know, but if aliens ever abducted me and probed my butt....Well, I think I'd probably just keep that little experience to myself.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.