Dual Sport Cycle Tour through the Pines

toofast4uu

Nov 22, 2004
Edison and Monmouth Beach, NJ
Good Day all,

I've been reading posts on this board for a long time. You guys really make my day with the reports on your experiences in the Pines!

I used to visit the pines on a weekly basis during the 80's, up through 1994. And sporadically over the last two years, I would take a ride back down when time was available (As I used to live somewhat closeby, but now live about an hour away).

I am a responsible, adult rider, and am looking for the same, to consider putting together a tour of the pine barons, while riding NJ Street Legal Dual Sport Motorcycles. A fast pace is not necessary, as I'm more interested in making stops at points of interest, and really just taking a hassle/worry free educational ride through the pine barons. With the hope of visiting some of the points of interest that I've read about on the board.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to pm me or just post here. I know it's short notice, but I'm off tomorrow (4/28) and the weather report is looking good.

(Also, if if anyone has a suggested route, or idea, please feel free to share that as well.)

I will repay you with lunch, at your choice of venue!

Looking forward to meeting some of you, and hoping to begin contributing to the experiences of this board,
Chris G.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Hey Chris, welcome aboard.

I'm an avid rider. I've done a tremendous amount of dual sporting in the pines and have loved every second of it. Bob (pbxbob) also does some riding. Unfortunitly won't be available on the 28th but we should get together in the future. BTW, Mt. Holly power Sports on route 38 has an annual DS tour. They have invited me a few times but it seems like I have always been busy that weekend. What bike do you have? I have a Honda XR400, w/ big bore kit making it an xr440 and a baja designs kit to make it street legal, as you can imagine it is far more dirt oriented than street so I don't spend a great deal of time on pavement. Bob has a Suzuki dr 200 which is a pretty cool little bike.

Jeff

toofast4uu

Nov 22, 2004
Edison and Monmouth Beach, NJ
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for responding. I also have a legal and inspected XR400! I thought these were rare bikes! (LOL)

I'll have to check out the Mt Holly site for more info on the tour.

Keep me posted on any future opportunities you get to ride again. I'll be available most weekends in June, or I can more easily take a day off work during the week.

Best regards.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
toofast4uu said:
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for responding. I also have a legal and inspected XR400! I thought these were rare bikes! (LOL)

Cool. They are great woods bikes. Very reliable, which is important when your in the middle of Wharton SF.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I used to have an xt600 which served me well but was a bit heavy for the woods the 225 should be a blast. How would you guys get down this way/

Trailor or ride?

Jeff

Tred

Jun 15, 2006
Williamstown, NJ
woodjin said:
Hey Chris, welcome aboard.

I'm an avid rider. I've done a tremendous amount of dual sporting in the pines and have loved every second of it. Bob (pbxbob) also does some riding. Unfortunitly won't be available on the 28th but we should get together in the future. BTW, Mt. Holly power Sports on route 38 has an annual DS tour. They have invited me a few times but it seems like I have always been busy that weekend. What bike do you have? I have a Honda XR400, w/ big bore kit making it an xr440 and a baja designs kit to make it street legal, as you can imagine it is far more dirt oriented than street so I don't spend a great deal of time on pavement. Bob has a Suzuki dr 200 which is a pretty cool little bike.

Jeff

I'm an avid rider also. I have a registered and tagged KDX200 if anyone is intersested in heading out sometime. I trailor in and typically stick to unpaved routes. I typically ride the Wharton tract in the Washington area but I'm always open to new areas, there's so much to explore out there.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
entropysedge said:
We should try to get together at some point to go riding.

We should. Unfortunitly my bike is out of commision right now. You guys should get together. If you want some advice on where to go, I will be happy to give my input.

Jeff