Early This Morning Exploring

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

I explored Quarter Mile again this morning and stone searched near Hampton Park. A few photo's

Deep Run on Hampton Road.

IMG_1769.JPG

Quarter Mile.

IMG_1777.JPG

I was being watched.

IMG_1781.JPG

This looks like a road but the road is in the left of the photo. I am walking in the dry canal near Hampton Park.

IMG_1784.JPG

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
searching for Rider Wilkinsons?

Yes. I am pretty confident that at least one and maybe two that I looked for are the R&W stones. I will have to resort to clearing away the leaves. All around the trees they are a foot thick.

You know I got all the way out there today and never put the coordinates into my GPS. Jessica was still sleeping because she had not texted me so I resorted to walking Quarter Mile. When she woke up she accessed my computer and sent me the coords by text. That put me way behind and I had limited time to look. I have to get ground penetrating equipment. :)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BTW, did I ever show you how big they are? This is the one I acquired from Daryl Goodrich when he was cleaning out his garage getting rid of all of his family treasures. His family last owned that property.

rw.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I think the one He took shown here may have been the one east of skit branch and south of the road next to the big ditch.I raked and stabbed that area very well and there was nothing.Did find what seemed to be the remains of a hole but very shallow and could have been a stump hole.
Let me know when they get ground penetrating radar units for the average stone hunter lets say under 500 bucks:)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That would be the one we call RW45. There were no clues. I found 4 trees in the area and made a decision to work the area between them. I poked away forever until I heard that familiar sound. My arm was tired at the end. We also checked again on RW70, RW71, RW72 and RW40. Absolutely nothing! :bang:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We did find our first game camera. The hunter has my ugly mug smiling at him. Nothing like Jeff's ass :) It had a number 4 on it and we had already found the stand a few minutes earlier. So we may be on multiple cams. Maybe they will post it here. I hope not since I did not have my makeup on.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
That would be the one we call RW45. There were no clues. I found 4 trees in the area and made a decision to work the area between them. I poked away forever until I heard that familiar sound. My arm was tired at the end. We also checked again on RW70, RW71, RW72 and RW40. Absolutely nothing! :bang:
Looking at the map I coulda swore we found that one and I thought it was inscribed.My memory must be getting weak.I thought there was a trail to it after you walked across a board to get over the canal and some concrete abutments.

Maggie

Scout
Sep 16, 2015
Three Bridges, NJ
We did find our first game camera. The hunter has my ugly mug smiling at him. Nothing like Jeff's ass :) It had a number 4 on it and we had already found the stand a few minutes earlier. So we may be on multiple cams. Maybe they will post it here. I hope not since I did not have my makeup on.

Just curious: this was public land? Is it legal to set up cameras and then leave them on public land? I came across one of these several years ago in a fairly remote public place near where I live and it felt like an invasion of privacy.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Hunters do it all the time. I have done it. The way I look at it is when in the woods someone or something could always be there watching you, be it a hunter in a tree stand, a hiker on a trail or a camera.

Reactions: SKUT FARKUS

Maggie

Scout
Sep 16, 2015
Three Bridges, NJ
Hunters do it all the time. I have done it. The way I look at it is when in the woods someone or something could always be there watching you, be it a hunter in a tree stand, a hiker on a trail or a camera.

Also, I guess the notion of "privacy" on public land is sort of an oxymoron. I realized this after I wrote it.
Although I do not like the concept of being "watched" and recorded, by people.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
To be honest the hunters are not looking to watch us. They are hoping we are not in their viewfinder. I smile , wave, and leave.

Reactions: SKUT FARKUS

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes, I always look around now. I am constantly going and try to get to a remote spot if possible mainly because of Jessica being with me. However, sometimes that is not possible at my advanced age and I have to take that risk.Jessica has never gone in the woods in the 15 years she has been exploring with me. She waits until we get home.