Enthusiasts site finished???

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have been trying to get on the Enthusiasts site with no luck. Can any others get there? Maybe the ebay sale is now really final.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Either their server is down, or the guy isn't hosting it for Bob anymore.

[code:1:c77a852024]
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

U:\bruset>ping www.thepinebarrens.com

Pinging www.thepinebarrens.com [63.87.231.18] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 63.87.232.217: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 63.87.231.18:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

U:\bruset>
[/code:1:c77a852024]

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It must have just been down because it is now up.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I think its quiet because my buddy is searching for an answer to my last post about the emporer having no clothes. That is going to be a very difficult post to overcome, because it tells the truth and backs it up with facts. :wink:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have been monitoring your posts closely Bob. You two should set up a debate and charge admission. Your both could retire.

Guy

B

BarryC

Notice how he never took down the announcement for the cleanup day on May 26 (which I heard got cancelled anyway). I think his site is good, but it rarely changes and he never participated in his own message board. I'd still like to meet the guy though.
One time he said he'd like me to be in charge of one section of his site. I think that would be neat, except for the fact that I have no creativity or imagination for making websites and teaching about things, and stuff like that. That's why my own site (the one on Tripod) is not much more than a giant links page.
Barry

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
He also asked me to help him out, and I even talked to him on the phone because he wanted me to call. It ended there for some reason.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Well, he sold it to his uncle on ebay or something about a month ago. Since then, there have been no changes. The only thing that goes on over there is Jeff vs. Bob.

The last time I spoke to him, he said that he was "too busy" to maintain it anymore.

I was just over there reading some of the posts. It's interesting to see the references to 'Hidden Lakes' by a few members. Of course we all know it as 'Old Half Way' now. As I've stated in past posts, my interest in the Pines started 30 years ago although for different reasons. It seems the others that metion 'Hidden Lakes' may have started out the same way. It's good to see the love of the Pines continue in a more healthy way. Maybe we should have a 'Hidden Lakes' reunion. Who knows, we all may have met before.

Steve

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Steve,

Unfortunately, you and I and just a few others are the old timers on this site. Ben was not born when we were visiting Hidden Lakes in the early days. No reunion with him and many others. I doubt I met you because I was a loner and stayed away from people back then. Many people now wish I was still that way :)

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yea..I forgot about that. Maybe it was Steve! He must have been drinking beer if it was him, because they scattered with their bottles.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Ohhh yeah, I was there plenty of times in my 1975 CJ-5. I posted about it way back on Blanda's old board. Can't find that old board, but it had some poetic stuff on it. As a teenager, I lived about 5 miles from it and had many parties, many paranoid nites too............bob

Back then, to us, it was the clay pits or Hidden Lakes. Wait a second, it that Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young I hear drifting through time and space?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Bob...that was almost far enough back to be the Buffalo Springfield days :) Now thats ancient!