Errors when clicking on the Get Togethers Forum

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Yes, I have the same problem. If I am not signed in, I will get a 500 server error when I try to click on the "Get-togethers" forum. I always thought it was meant for members only and a security feature.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You mean Get Togethers and Trip Reports??? I have never had a problem.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I just tried it while logged out on Firefox and the page opens all white and never loads. But I don't get an error.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Yeah, same with Safari. Chrome seems to actually respond back with an error, and if you look at the logs on the server the web server complains. It's the add-on that runs the get-togethers thing that lets you add a map and a calendar date to a thread. I'll have to see if there's an update.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I have been getting a white screen when I am not logged on, this has gone on for months.
Firefox here.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Okay, I should have this fixed in a few days. There's an upgrade to the software that runs the forums as well as the add-on software that runs the Get-togethers forum. I'll try to get it updated shortly.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Thanks, Ben, all is well. I also noticed that the software now asks for a confirmation when logging out.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Yeah, there's probably going to be a bunch of little changes here and there.

I already added something where you can prefix your thread with a South (or Central, depending on your opinion) Jersey County.