Fall/Winter Stone Searching 2019/2020

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It appears the stone is part of the Spader tract which I will have to research more. At least one lot adjacent to the stone was owned by William Britton. He acquired it in 1946 from the township of Lacey and died July 18, 1977. The state acquired it in 1983.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes, it does match up with the thinning area on the map. They must have more to do then.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area

Attachments

• dtplan.JPG
    dtplan.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We spent some time at Friendship Bogs today checking out the burn and revisiting some of the property corners for more detailed photos of the locations. We also visited the reservoir.

IMG_4500a.jpg

Then to the Bulltown Bogs area to find some of the property corners. These are on the northern portion up towards the rye strips. Stepped over a black racer and Jessica then noticed it and before I could turn around and focus it was gone.

Bulltown Bog corners.

IMG_4509a.jpg

IMG_4503a.jpg

We noticed sand piled at Friendship today and on our way towards Hawkins Bridge the state dump truck passed us heading towards Friendship. They filled in the donut hole at Fridendship Speedwelll Road and I guess they are working on other locations. Video soon.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
This was us heading into Friendship today and the state dump truck. You can see someone already tried driving up the dirt mounds.

https://youtu.be/F65gwYq3kkE
The road out of Friendship heading to 563 is in poor shape just to the left of the intersection. It definitely needs to be fixed before the three holes turn into one impassable rut.

The same joker that drove over the sand piles also drove through the cellar holes. Some people just don’t realize what is around them!

We spent some time at Friendship Bogs today checking out the burn and revisiting some of the property corners for more detailed photos of the locations. We also visited the reservoir.

View attachment 13540

Then to the Bulltown Bogs area to find some of the property corners. These are on the northern portion up towards the rye strips. Stepped over a black racer and Jessica then noticed it and before I could turn around and focus it was gone.

Bulltown Bog corners.

View attachment 13541

View attachment 13542

We noticed sand piled at Friendship today and on our way towards Hawkins Bridge the state dump truck passed us heading towards Friendship. They filled in the donut hole at Fridendship Speedwelll Road and I guess they are working on other locations. Video soon.

How deep is the water in that first picture?