Farmer causes flap while protecting crops

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I wonder if they make something similar that take care of my squirrel problem that I'm having this year.

guiness_squirrel_0.gif

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
Pretty sure that is something local govt controls, best to ask your local police department or the State Police. That is what I did. But, in NJ just about everything that can eject a projectile is considered a firearm, so be careful where you point your rear end :eek:

From

NEW JERSEY ADMINISTRATIVE CODE
TITLE 13. LAW AND PUBLIC SAFETY
CHAPTER 54. FIREARMS AND WEAPONS

"Firearm or firearms" means any handgun, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, assault firearm, automatic or semi-automatic rifle, or any gun, device or instrument in the nature of a weapon from which may be fired or ejected any solid projectile, ball, slug, pellet, missile or bullet, or any gas, vapor or other noxious thing, by means of a cartridge or shell or by the action of an explosive or the igniting of flammable or explosive substances. It shall also include, without limitation, any firearm which is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas, or vapor, air or compressed air, or is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three-eighths of an inch in diameter, with sufficient force to injure a person."

Holly crap that almost covers everything right down to spit balls. But I have to ask, what if it is over three eights in diamiter

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
It's interesting that "Silent Spring" was published almost exactly 50 years ago and today it has become rather controversial: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Spring

The weekly Human Events gave Silent Spring an "honorable mention" in its list of the "Ten Most Harmful Books of the 19th and 20th Centuries." [23] British politicianDick Taverne asserted Carson was responsible for millions of deaths:
Carson didn't seem to take into account the vital role (DDT) played in controlling the transmission of malaria by killing the mosquitoes that carry the parasite (...) It is the single most effective agent ever developed for saving human life (...) Rachel Carson is a warning to us all of the dangers of neglecting the evidence-based approach and the need to weight potential risk against benefit: it can be argued that the anti-DDT campaign she inspired was responsible for almost as many deaths as some of the worst dictators of the last century.[24]
I read it long ago and still have the book packed away.The birds of prey seem to be doing better.Wonder if DDT has all broken down now and is no longer a factor?

Arey

Scout
Oct 17, 2007
Atl. Co. near the ocean
"Rachel Carson is a warning to us all of the dangers of neglecting the evidence-based approach and the need to weight potential risk against benefit: it can be argued that the anti-DDT campaign she inspired was responsible for almost as many deaths as some of the worst dictators of the last century"
Not only did Rachel get honorable mention in the list of dangerous books, so did The Origin of the Species

And the earth is flat, and the sun and planets revolve around the earth, and the earth is supported on the back of a turtle, which sits on the back of a turtle which sits on the back of a turtle, and, it's turtles all the way down.

The Ospreys had a really good year at the Forsythe Refuge this year.