favorite places to eat and imbibe in the pines

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Gotta love a thread that references best places to eat in the pines which does infact include a selection of good establishments and the recurring place continues to be something of a dirtfloor hole in the wall and some other hick bars.
Sort of enforces to the average reader the intellect and tastes of the Piney community. Too funny.

Oct 25, 2006
check out the nj motorcycle events website,the hedger house,country kitchen in egg harbor(rated great biker bar),and the forks were rated five cycles,the green bank inn,was given four,any comments on the lower bank inn?

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
We ate at the Forks once. My wife said it was the worst steak she ever had, full of gristle. We walked out. The Forks restaurant is no more. This summer they wern't even renting the boat slips.

I havent been to the Lower bank Inn since 1973. We stoped while canoeing the Mullica. It was just a comfortable local bar. We ended up parting under the bridge with some locals.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I do not recall the goat but do recall different times at the pic.
There was a time when the "Smokers" wings were just this side of deadly.
The proprietor was a customer of mine back then and shared with us guys some jars of the "secret" ingredient that heated up the sauce.
Bad stuff indeed, from an unbelievable source. they do not use it anymore.

I recall some years ago my dad and a closeby neighbor came home with a cow in the back of the truck that I believe was taken in trade for a bar tab.
Those were the days. don't get that anyomore.
Who would take a cow home in the most current version of Hummer, Escalade, Navigator? My how times have changed from rusty Fords & Chevys
parked outside.

The dog @ Greenbank, C'mon... anymore takers? I know we got a couple new guys from out that way. It's really not a tough answer in the end.

G.

Now that I think of it, when I had wings this last Friday i had to ask for spicer sauce. They're getting soft. What is that hot stuff they use?

Trailhead00

Explorer
Mar 9, 2005
Haddonfield, NJ
Does the Golden Nugget count as "in the pines?" I guess they are on the edge. But I always liked their wings, they were a little different and also very cheap. Anyone here ever venture to the Pic II on the White Horse Pike?

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Does the Golden Nugget count as "in the pines?" I guess they are on the edge. But I always liked their wings, they were a little different and also very cheap. Anyone here ever venture to the Pic II on the White Horse Pike?

I'd say that's pushing it.... but in terms of low class, right up there.
Nugget's got it's share of teeth laying on the floor.

Pic II is an interesting little place but just not quite the same.
More like a sports bar. Too many imature little chickies there too.

g.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Now that I think of it, when I had wings this last Friday i had to ask for spicer sauce. They're getting soft. What is that hot stuff they use?

Ed,

My wife found out that in the local bar in our area that everyone thinks has good wings, they use butter to make it milder. So if you have mild, hot, and flaming the only difference is two of them are buttered down. At least that is how it is at this place. So maybe someone added butter to it.

Guy